is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors.
We are looking for an Experience Design (UX) Director with a mastery of UX to join our studio in San Francisco to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, The Royal College Of Art, to name a few).
The UX Director will manage and partner with a multidisciplinary team to find elegant but practical delightful solutions to design challenges.
Above all, the UX Director will be passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centred products that meet both user needs and business goals; exceeding clients’ expectations, inspiring coworkers and helping us build our product capabilities.
We are currently expanding our creative team, refreshing our brand and updating our look across all platforms. It’s an exciting time to join us. Here’s a sneak peek at what we’ve been up to https://vimeo.com/367786028/b1783d5873
Full relocation package including visa sponsorship is available
As a UX Director at Beyond, you’ll have the chance to:
- Manage product leads, creative technologists and other team members to design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture
- Own the design of intuitive experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, business requirements and user needs
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Inform product decisions with user insights, letting real people’s needs guide us to the best possible solutions
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to show stakeholders what’s possible before we build
- Ensure delivery of high-quality UX and UI across multiple initiatives at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while maintaining alignment of the product team
- Define the overall UX strategy and vision for the user experience across multiple client initiatives
- Define Lean UX and UI processes that produce quality, innovation and rapid time to market
- Design and collaborate on user testing and usability research, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results
As a UX Director at Beyond, we’d like you to bring:
- 8+ years of experience designing (for all devices) gained in consumer-focused tech agencies
- Mastery in UX with a calling for other areas of the product development process
- Ability to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and knowing when to make low-fi sketches
- An understanding of the intricacies of using A/B testing software such as Google Analytics and Optimizely
- Ability to write and have written design stories that narrate product successes
- A people-focused design mentality, driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics
- Ability to confidently and comfortably present to clients/Stakeholders and run client workshops
- Empathy to mentor and manage others to deliver great work
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome office space with agile working practices
- Competitive salary, a great health benefits plan matching 401(k)
- Paid parental leave, and loads of other perks
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- 20 days annual leave your first year increasing to 25 days from the second year plus a week off at Christmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday
- We offer flexible working to everyone, under our “Beyond Flexibility” programme. Ask about this at interview!
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and proactively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you're interested in this position, please attach work samples in the form of an online portfolio that demonstrates your process from sketches through iteration to launch and beyond.