Mason is a high-growth venture backed startup based in Seattle, Washington.
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for companies to deploy their software on single-use Android devices anywhere in the world.
Our customers range from public companies deploying patient engagement software on 22” devices in hospitals, to startups making it easier for restaurants to take orders on 8” tablets.
Mason provides the physical devices along with software to simplify the configuration, deployment, and management of those devices. This gives our customers full control over their mobile stack and lets them focus on what they do best - building their app. This mix of hardware and software product offerings provides a unique opportunity to develop a deep understanding of both sides of the business.
About the Role
We’re excited to be hiring our first official Content Specialist to drive brand awareness and establish Mason as a thought leader. Since launching in February of 2017, we’ve been building up our customer base with a mix of larger enterprise clients (multi-million dollar contracts with 1K+ devices) and SMB customers ($100K+ contracts with 100 -1k devices).
To-date we’ve done almost zero marketing, and as we prepare for huge growth in 2019 we need to ramp up our content to support sales, drive new leads, and kick-start our organic growth. This role will be responsible for defining and executing Mason’s content strategy across the board and establishing Mason as a thought leader on mobile-infrastructure and Android.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain a content calendar to ensure a regular cadence of strategic content creation.
- Own the creation, launch, and on-going maintenance of our blog.
- Develop our core content strategy, including the topics, content mix, and placement that will resonate with our audience and drive organic growth.
- Become our in-house SEO expert, developing our keyword strategy, measuring impact, producing appropriate content, and ensuring the proper technical setup.
- Produce all our content including blog posts, eBooks, social posts, industry reports, sales enablement pieces, product guides, website copy, nurture emails, infographics, and more.
- Become an expert and thought leader on topics and industries like Android, Android Enterprise, Qualcomm, mobile devices, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, etc.
- Grow into a leadership position to build a stellar content creation team, manage content-contractors, and own the overall content strategy of Mason.
You Will Be Successful If You:
- Are able to write like expert, even on topics you aren’t familiar with. We embrace the “fake it ‘till you make it” philosophy, and expect this person to contribute useful and impactful content for our readers.
- Are detail oriented! We always want to put our best foot forward, which means minimizing typos, spelling errors, and delivering quality content to our audience on a consistent basis.
- Thrive as a self starter. You like to find new creative ways to drive value and take the bull by the horns without having to be told what to do.
- Can write for a technical audience. You’ll need to be able to write content that anyone can understand, but that still adds value for developers and more technical audiences.
- Are creative and think outside the box. Being successful in this role will require you to get creative, whether it’s thinking of a unique way to present a topic, or finding new ways to repurpose content, you’ll constantly have to be thinking outside the box.
- Are an innovator and forward thinker. Although we expect our primary content medium to be text-based, we’re looking for someone who can identify the most effective medium to deliver a message or idea. This could include videos, infographics, slide-decks, prezi presentations, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Can clearly and concisely deliver a message.
- Able to distill complex ideas into an easily digestible message.
- Able to write on topics where you don’t have much background or knowledge.
- Graphic design abilities is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO.