Mason is a high-growth venture backed startup based in Seattle, Washington.
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for companies to deploy their software on single-use Android devices anywhere in the world.
Our customers range from public companies deploying patient engagement software on 22” devices in hospitals, to startups making it easier for restaurants to take orders on 8” tablets.
Mason provides the physical devices along with software to simplify the configuration, deployment, and management of those devices. This gives our customers full control over their mobile stack and lets them focus on what they do best - building their app. This mix of hardware and software product offerings provides a unique opportunity to develop a deep understanding of both sides of the business.
About the Role
We’re excited to be hiring our first official Account Executive to help kick-start our sales and support the continued growth of Mason. Since launching in February of 2017, we’ve been building up our customer base with a mix of larger enterprise clients (multi-million dollar contracts with 1K+ devices) and SMB customers ($100K+ contracts with 100 -1k devices). Our customers have been acquired through a mix of outbound prospecting, organic inbound leads, and referrals. This role will be responsible for owning the full sales funnel, from prospecting and sourcing to working the deals to close.
What You’ll Do
- Own your own prospecting to fill top of the funnel with new leads
- Work any inbound leads driven by marketing campaigns and business development partnerships
- Conduct all discovery calls and online demos to qualify prospects and identify new opportunities
- Move opportunities through the sales funnel, including selling developer kits, closing pilots, and closing full enterprise production deals
- Own your leads/contacts/opportunities in our CRM, ensuring clean and up-to-date data
- Work with marketing and sales operations to develop sales collateral, identify key new target markets, and refine Mason’s positioning/messaging
You Will Be Successful If You:
- Enjoy and have experience in every aspect of the sales process from cold calling/emailing to contract negotiations.
- Can navigate a complex sale and identify the right people to talk to within each organization. You’ll be talking to a wide variety of buyers and decision makers, including software developers, logistics/operations, procurement departments, and key executives.
- Are comfortable bringing structure and process to a fairly unstructured environment. We don’t yet have a strictly defined sales process, but we expect this person to help create one that can be scaled as we continue to grow the sales team.
- Are disciplined, organized, and proactive. We are looking for someone who will be diligent about following up on all action items with prospects/internal teams and is proactive about taking action instead of waiting to be told what to do.
- Understand the importance of a data-driven approach to sales. We want our sales organization to be extremely diligent about using data to inform decisions and strategy.
- Can understand and clearly explain a fairly technical product consisting of both hardware and software. Are extroverted, personable, and can quickly build trust with new people. This applies to making people feel comfortable during cold calls to getting prospects to share accurate forecasts/delivery timelines.
- Are a team-first player, meaning you enjoy helping others succeed (both clients and co-workers) and can rally people towards a shared goal.