Are you a proven ad sales account exec looking for your next challenge? Come join BSA and help spearhead launching an entirely new vertical -- women’s lifestyle. As part of our consumer tech team, you’ll have access to in-house knowledge and know-how to help you build this business from the ground up. To help get you started, we’re teaming up with a leading women’s fertility health app. You will have exclusive access to their ad inventory along with our existing stellar partnerships and more publishers coming down our pipeline.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you think creatively, can craft a compelling pitch for a brand new advertiser to start purchasing our inventory, are a self-starter, and most importantly are ready to get your hands dirty.
Who are we?
BuySellAds helps connect great brands with hard to reach audiences. When Better Mortgage wants to reach young first time home buyers, we do the heavy lifting.
Digg, The Hustle, Pocket, and Feedly are just some of the sites we are able to help make more money by connecting them with advertisers like Slack, Parachute Home, and Verizon Fios, who are all able to expand their reach through BuySellAds.
Here’s the exciting part. We sell unique native ads that are not accessible through programmatic exchanges, reaching a tech-savvy influencer audience and now women’s lifestyle. Think emails that folks are excited to receive, sites people have set as their homepage, or apps you love to tell your friends about. We help get marketers in those places. And it works.
We are a fully distributed/remote team, with 55+ people spread out across 30 cities in 6 countries. We connect weekly through a video stand up and keep in touch through Slack. We empower teammates to contribute meaningful results. We largely work around an EST schedule but are flexible.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly quotas/quarterly quotas
- Successfully manage the full sales lifecycle and run your own pipeline
- Hunt for outbound in a personal, hands on manner (no bulk drip emails here)
- Be persistent - consistently follow up with potential clients to negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Stay organized-- use Hubspot to your advantage
- Develop strong understanding of BuySellAds ad opportunities and help us R&D what sticks as we open up a new vertical
- Field inbound leads, understand client needs, and proposal custom tailored solutions as our marketing consultant
- Assist Account Managers post-close in the lifecycle of a campaign, staying up to date for the renewal
- Work to know just as much as our marketers do about their goals and future goals
- Travel occasionally to meet clients, present to agencies, and get together with your team
Sales Operating Principles
- Personalized messaging always wins (no drip campaigns, ever.)
- Be persistent and polite: always add value to your clients and prospective clients
- Build for the long-term relationship
- Staying organized leads to success
- Be optimistic: We face adversity daily, staying positive keeps the tank full
- Solve Problems: It’s easy to find a problem, it takes courage to champion a solution
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of direct media sales experience
- Deep understanding of brands that resonate with a female-leaning audience
- Obsessively checks emails and replies at an alarming rate
- Is excited at the opportunity to help marketers achieve complex goals
- Is organized and structured but is not fazed by an out of the box request
- Has the ability to work independently, consistently producing meaningful results
- Strong ability to work successfully remote and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Client-focused mindset with a passion for using data and analytics to drive business results
- Bonus points for past agency relationship experience
Interested? Amazing. Send us your resume and let us know why you want to be the newest member of our team!
We do our best to make the hiring process fair and straightforward: we do an initial meet-and-greet Zoom screen, and follow with a team pairing to make sure our culture makes sense. We move quickly on decisions, and we aim to respond to every applicant and provide feedback where appropriate: even if we aren’t the right fit for each other, we want you to know rather than have to second-guess.