Insider Inc. is looking for a Graphic Design Fellow to work under the newsroom's graphics and photo team to produce original graphics and photo illustrations for the Insider Picks team.
Insider Picks writes reviews and stories about products and services we think our readers might like. We are looking for someone to create imagery that displays these products in the form of story art
, and slideshow images.
Projects would range from basic Photoshop and Illustrator requests like cutting out images, resizing, cropping, and retouching photos to creating unique and intriguing artwork for stories and branding for special series and events. You can check out all of our Insider Picks graphics here.
As a fellow here, you'll gain valuable experience collaborating with journalists and designers in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
Other perks include free snacks, ping pong, and never having to fetch coffee.
Desired skills include:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Mac proficiency
- Experience with photo editing, including photo selection/research, correcting, resizing, and layer masks
- Photography experience is a major plus
- Experience with branding and working within a style guide
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time and work under tight deadlines
- You're a confident designer comfortable pitching and defending your work
Please note: This paid fellowship requires that you work in our Manhattan office, preferably full-time at 40 hours a week, for six months.
Apply with a portfolio, resume, cover letter if this sounds like your dream job, and specify why you're interested in working on our graphics team.