If you’re a diehard news junkie and social media obsessive, you could be the perfect fit for Insider’s breaking news reporter position.
Breaking news reporters are responsible for following world events and reporting on them in real time across multiple social media platforms and on our website. They are also responsible for contributing original reporting on news events.
That means one day, you could be following the California wildfires. The next, you’d be reporting on the college admissions scandal, or the latest Instagrammer drama.
The ideal breaking news reporter:
• Is an excellent storyteller — good at taking complex current events and presenting them in a compelling and relatable way
• Interprets news quickly and writes at lightning speed
• Produces clean, clear copy
• Knows how to advance a story
• Is interested in working on creative news initiatives and potentially medium and longterm reporting projects
This is a full-time role based in our New York office. It’s ideal for anyone who wants to jump into a fast-paced reporting role at a growing digital media company.
Please note that this position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter if this sounds like the job for you.