Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to join the team in London and write about sports.
This fellowship will start as soon as possible and will last six months. The role is based in our London office.
The right candidate should be a sports enthusiast and be able to cover a wide range of sports, specifically Grand Slam and Masters-level tennis, but also European, MLS, and women’s soccer, and big-event tournaments like the World Cup and summer/winter Olympic Games.
The ideal candidate will be expected to write several succinct posts a day while simultaneously working on longer features and their own projects. They should be able to conduct interviews, compose in-depth features, and have a familiarity with digital storytelling and social media. They will be expected to complete meaningful work, writing stories that will be read by hundreds of thousands of readers all over the world, every day.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to write stories like these:
The ideal candidate has:
- A journalism background and experience at a digital publication
- A self-starter attitude and excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- A love of Insider Inc. and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine passion for a wide variety of sports, sports reporting, and unearthing must-read stories about interesting athletes
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
Apply here with a CV and short cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.