Insider Inc. is hiring a paid editorial fellow to produce short-form videos across a variety of verticals, including food, art, design, travel, and more.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and leave ready for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here
Video-producing fellows work closely with video editors, but they do not need to have video-editing experience. We’re looking for ambitious reporters who can find and chase great stories and relay them to our audience in a compelling way.
The video-producing fellow will work closely with a small team of producers and editors, with a particular focus on our Snapchat channels. Insider launched on Snapchat in July 2018 and now has over 10 million subscribers across 6 channels. We publish daily editions made up of short (1 minute to 1 ½ minute) video segments. See our channel here
All our video-writing fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are okay)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity and interest in Snapchat Discover and other digital and social media platforms
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the short-form team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Meticulous organizational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple stories at once
- An interest in covering all topics, but a focus on food, travel, and art
- Script-writing or video production experience
- An eye for great visuals that fit the social video aesthetic
- Experience with video editing software like Adobe Premiere and After Effects is not required, but it is a plus
This is a paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in January.
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our short-form video producing fellow.