Insider Inc. is hiring an associate editor to create and edit longer, photo-driven stories on a variety of topics like food, travel, retail, lifestyle, science and health, real estate, and everything in between.
The visual features team
combines reporting with photography to tell stories in the reader-friendly, photo-heavy format that Business Insider and INSIDER are known for.
Your job will include pitching visual stories not only for yourself but for others on the team, crafting your own visual features, and editing the work of our reporters and fellows.
In this position, you can expect to create or edit stories like these:
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for visual storytelling and strong visual story judgement
- An ability to identify the heart of a story quickly and weave a narrative through photos and text
- Experience reporting, writing, and shooting/editing photos
- Skill with a smartphone camera as well as a DSLR — comfort in front of the camera is a plus
- Comfort with photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop
- Experience editing others’ stories for spelling and grammar, structure, flow, style, factual accuracy, and the visual experience
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Familiarity with SEO practices
The is a full-time position and based in our San Francisco office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, INSIDER, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our visual features associate editor. Please include links to relevant clips if you have them.