Business Insider is hiring full-time reporters to create photo-driven stories focused on a variety of topics. The visual features reporter will pitch, shoot, and write stories using images as well as text to inform our readers on topics including retail, transportation, and fast food.
In this position, you can expect to create or edit stories like these:
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for visual storytelling and strong visual story judgement
- An ability to identify the heart of a story quickly and weave a narrative through photos and text
- Experience reporting, writing, and shooting/editing photos
- Skill with a smartphone camera as well as a DSLR — comfort in front of the camera is a plus
- Comfort with photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our visual features reporter. Please indicate which topic (such as retail, transportation, or fast food) you would like to cover, and include links to relevant clips if you have them.