Business Insider is hiring an assistant managing editor to help us staff and run a growing digital newsroom.
At Insider Inc,. our motto is to "get better every day." An AME is a crucial person in our newsroom who helps achieve this goal. AMEs are excited to bring new talent into the newsroom and help reporters grow and learn in their careers. As we expand our newsroom to go deeper on the things that make Business Insider great, the AME will help us find the right people to add to the team.
We're looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, is organized, and has endless enthusiasm for digital journalism and for helping their colleagues be great at their jobs.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Posting jobs and screening fellowship applications
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates
- On-boarding new hires and helping familiarize them with Insider Inc.
- Setting up skill-building seminars and series across the newsroom
- Making Insider Inc. a great place to work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Impeccable communication and organization skills
- At least a year of professional experience in a digital newsroom
- Some experience with recruiting and hiring
- Comfort with managing and advising staff
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages with complete benefits.
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
Please apply here with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to be our new assistant managing editor.