Business Insider's tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to help cover the market for emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, and quantum computing.
These are the technologies that are going to change the world — at least, that's what some of the most powerful and influential figures in tech have to say. It would be your job to cut through all the hype, telling us what's real, what's hype, and what's coming next.
Here's what we need:
- A willingness to tackle a broad beat that could include Google, Intel, OpenAI, IBM, SAP, Microsoft, Nvidia, Facebook, and anybody else working at the cutting edge of technology
- The ability to communicate complicated and nuanced new concepts to our readers in a way that's neither condescending nor dull, while also laying out how they could change everything
- An excitement to dig deep into technological concepts that can sometimes seem like science-fiction today
- Basic technical chops — you don't need to be a blockchain developer, but it helps to have a strong grounding in the concepts at play, and a willingness to learn more
- A strong sense of skepticism and immunity to hype
- An open mind and flexible approach to writing and reporting
- A desire to write for a fast-moving online-only publication — we are not a print magazine and don't work like one
This is a full time position that can be based in San Francisco, New York or Seattle. Business Insider offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If you’re interested, please apply with your resume and cover letter describing why you’re the best fit.