Insider Picks is Business Insider's affiliate commerce team that offers helpful shopping advice and recommends only the best products and services to our readers to buy online.
The Home and Kitchen Editor will edit, assign, and write reviews, buying guides, comparisons, and much more to help our readers navigate when shopping online. They will collaborate with the Insider Picks editors and commerce analysts, and grow our freelance network, to create a wealth of search-optimized, evergreen home and kitchen content that helps readers make smart decisions with their money. They will also update existing evergreen content on a regular basis as new products come out.
The ideal candidate has excellent editing, writing, and researching skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for product journalism. They are confident and careful when reviewing any product or service and can describe the pros and cons of it with conviction, while keeping Business Insider's voice, style, and audience top of mind.
This is not an entry-level role — at least 1 year of editing experience, 1 year of experience working with freelancers, and 2-3 years of experience writing in the home and kitchen space are musts.
- Kitchen coverage includes: bakeware, cookware, coffee machines and accessories, large appliances, small alliances, storage, tools, wine and barware, dining and entertaining essentials, etc.
- Home coverage includes: bedroom (mattresses, pillows, sheets, etc.), bathroom, vacuum cleaners and cleaning supplies, storage, garage, furniture, gardening tools, etc.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have excellent editing, writing, and researching skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be efficient, energized, and have great story judgement
- Have an ability to identify the heart of a story quickly
- Familiarity with SEO practices
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing
Business Insider receives a commission from our affiliate partners when readers buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective. The Home and Kitchen Editor will always put our readers first, never compromising our editorial integrity and journalism standards.
This is a fast-growing area for Business Insider, so it’s a chance to have a real impact on the growth of the team. It is a full-time position that is based in our New York City headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Apply here with your résumé, cover letter, and links to 5 published works.