We're looking for an ambitious and determined editor to build and lead a new enterprise news reporting team. This team will consist of an editor and reporter to start, with the option to add on a fellow.
The team will focus on daily original reporting, done at speed, that will be exclusive to Insider. (Writing and aggregating quick breaking news hits is not part of this team's mission.)
This team will be measured on the impact of its reporting.
The work will be a mix of document-based reporting and generating original ideas based on the biggest stories of the moment. This will be the go-to team when big news breaks and we want something original on that story.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Experience with public records is a must.
- Editing experience is also necessary, and experience leading and managing a team is preferred.
- You should also have experience editing legally sensitive stories.
- You should have a passion for finding and digging into stories that are interesting and important but haven't yet been discovered by other news outlets.
- This new team will work alongside our general global breaking news teams, so communication is key. You should be a team player and collaborator, and be open to talking through story ideas with other desk editors.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages with complete benefits.
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
Please apply here with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to be our new enterprise news reporting editor.