Business Insider's tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to cover venture capital and tech startups.
Silicon Valley's tech startup scene is exploding, with investors from all over the world competing to find and fund the next billion-dollar "unicorn" companies. Business Insider is looking for a hungry reporter to join our growing VC and startups team, and to dive headfirst into the frenzied world of innovation, money, and hubris.
The ideal candidate is eager to chronicle the people and deals at the center of the story, curious to explore the ways powerful tech interests are influencing politics and development, and alert to the economic risks and downsides of the startup boom.
Here's what we're looking for:
- A strong interest in telling the stories of the entrepreneurs, investors and other players at the heart of Silicon Valley's startup economy.
- A nose for news and a drive to be the first to write about the hot "stealth" startup or funding deal everyone is gossiping about.
- Experience covering a business beat and developing sources, and a good understanding of financial concepts.
- An open mind and flexible approach to writing and reporting everything from startup profiles to analyses of the IPO market.
- A strong sense of skepticism and immunity to hype — and a sense of humor.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco or New York offices. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of Insider, Markets Insider, and 16 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our new venture capital/tech startups reporter.