Business Insider is hiring an editor in London to help run the site on the weekends.
We're looking for someone who is quick, passionate about breaking news, and has a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way that readers love.
The weekend editor will work with a small team of reporters who help cover weekend shifts. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to assign, write and edit breaking news stories, news analysis, slideshows, and features.
This position runs on a Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday schedule. During the week, the editor will be responsible for editing stories from across the newsroom.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least three years of experience in covering news for a digital publication
- Great news judgement with the ability to take complex current events and present them in a compelling and relatable way
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A love of Business Insider and what we do
- A desire to work collaboratively with the team in London as well as reporters and editors from the wider newsroom
- Excellent organisational skills
- Familiarity with social media distribution
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
Apply here with a CV and short cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.