Business Insider’s Personal Finance Insider team is looking for a wealth-building reporter to help readers find the investing products and services that best fit their needs.
Personal Finance Insider covers all stages of the wealth-building process, from initially establishing an emergency fund to estate planning to transfer wealth to heirs. We’re looking for a wealth-building reporter to provide answers and guidance to people further along this path, who have moved beyond preserving their money to actively growing it. This person would review, compare, and recommend robo-advisers, investment apps, financial adviser services, online brokerages, retirement accounts, and other related products.
Personal Finance Insider’s mission is to help smart people make the best possible decisions with their money. The section has affiliate partnerships with financial products, including brokerage sites and financial planning tools, but it is an editorial team and our choices are always independent and objective.
The wealth-building reporter will:
- Contribute ideas that strengthen our approach to financial product reviews and comparisons
- Write our guides and explainers demystifying brokerage products, investment apps, online adviser services, and other wealth-building financial products
- Research and refine the advice that we provide, then dig deep into consumer pain points to figure out the best next steps
- Stay on top of the beat, producing reviews and shopping guides about building wealth
- Experiment with different types of articles and content to figure out what best resonates with readers
- Work closely with business and product teams to help shape the best wealth-building coverage on the web
- Build, update, and maintain reviews and guides to make our coverage No. 1 on Google
- Find ways to measure their success and build on it
Our Personal Finance Insider team is small but agile. This is a perfect role for a self-starter who thinks creatively and is passionate about delighting and informing our readers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of experience covering personal finance or a related topic
- Be familiar with and curious about investing
- Demonstrate superb attention to detail
- Have SEO knowledge, or an interest in mastering it
- Be comfortable with multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus: quantitative background or very comfortable with data (Excel pivot tables, etc.)
Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits. This is a full-time position that can be based in any of our Business Insider US offices or remote.
Insider Inc. is a global news and lifestyle publication with teams in New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential and loved journalism brand in the world. To do this, we delight our audience, clients, and colleagues and we get better every day (you’ll hear that mantra a lot). Our employees are world-class storytellers, excellent communicators, “good eggs”, and — most of all — effective. We make things happen, love what we do, and have fun while we do it. You can read more about our Mission, Values, and Culture here
and more about our company and brands here
Our newsroom has three divisions: Business Insider, Insider News, and Insider Life. As the 4th largest digital media brand in the U.S, we tell stories that command attention and inspire action. We equip a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 375 million, including half of all U.S. millennials on the internet, with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site which has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, the No. 1 daily news show on Facebook, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining why you want to be our new wealth-building reporter.