Design at BuildingConnected
We are a small but growing team committed to crafting the best product our customers have ever used. We are enthusiastic about making “work” feel effortless. Our small size means each individual has the opportunity to own and make meaningful contributions to our product and our brand. asdfsdf
Our mission: connect every business and professional in the $2 trillion AEC Industry. Traditionally, businesses in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction have struggled to keep pace with technology and desperately need more efficient means of communicating. Clunky, ugly, and slow tools have become an unfortunate standard. We believe this underserved industry deserves better, beautiful, modern, and user-friendly software.
You are a self described generalist that believes good design is good design, regardless of the medium. You excel at distilling complex workflows into intuitive experiences, crafting compelling visual stories, and can balance maintaining a high bar for aesthetics with shipping product and meeting business needs.
- Work closely with PMs to ideate and define product features and enhancements
- Communicating clearly and often with engineering and product to bring your designs to life
- Maintain and elevate the bar we have set for design
- Collaboratively evolve the visual style of the BuildingConnected products
- Distill complex, multi-sided workflows into intuitive user experiences
- Minimum 3 years experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
- A solid understanding of design across platforms and mediums (web, mobile, print)
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers
- The ability to concept and execute great design while keeping business needs in mind
- You take pride in your work and are able to drive the design process from ideation to completion
- A passion for user studies/user research
- Experience with motion design and/or video production