At BGDS, our vision is to untap the economic welfare potential of technology through entrepreneurship. In order to fully realize our vision, we have committed ourselves the mission to provide transparency, openness, collaboration, ease-of-use and insights to technology startup financing so that entrepreneurship thrives globally and founders can develop life-changing technologies.
BGDS is looking for an energetic Front-End UI Engineer to accelerate the new versions of our web solution, visualizations, and reports. If you like to build interfaces that are simple, functional and delightful, and love to
sweat the details, we would love you to become part of our team.
As a Front-End UI Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of building and launching the BGDS’s marketplace that will impact every customer of the company. You will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the road map and our plan for the future.
You will own and evolve the frontend technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both whats best for the long-term health of our solution and our customers. You will develop a high-volume solution that power the BGDS marketplace. Your day will involve leading high performing teams to build an engaging user experience. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to build a website’s user experience strategy from the ground up, focusing on creating an obsessive experience both for investors and founders. We’re in the process of revolutionizing startup financing, and we’re hoping you’ll be part of that experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build interactive and thoughtful UIs in Django that solve complex problems and are a delight to use
- Participate in the conceptualization and wireframing of new interfaces
- Prototyping and building clean and intuitive user interfaces through various iterations
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, mobile)
- Ensuring implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
Qualification and Experience
- Ability to work in our Austin office 5 days per week
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science
- 2+ years of work experience in software design and development
- 2+ years in frontend UI development
- Experience building scalable, performant and highly available user interfaces
- Passionate about creating best-in-class online experiences
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems
- Experience working on agile distributed teams
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of D3 visualizations
- Experience with interactive visualization libraries such as Altair Vega/Vega-Lite or Bokeh.
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with SQL (PSQL) and NoSQL database servers
- Experience with containers and docker orchestration is a plus
- Experience with AWS or GCP is a plus
- Knowledgeable of Django Channels (WebSockets), DRF, Haystack is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of Google App Engine service is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of advanced Chrome DevTools features, specifically around performance.
- Start-up experience is ideal
Salary based on experience - $100K +