Bugsnag is growing! We're looking for a Customer Engineer to join our team in Bath to help deliver an amazing experience to our customers, supporting their use of our platform. The position involves helping our developer customers use our platform and identifying problems with our system. You’ll need broad software development experience, great communication skills, be a keen problem solver and have a desire to learn and work with new languages and frameworks.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Tesla, GitHub, and Netflix. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by Bath University graduates James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
What you’ll get to do:
- Respond to customer support requests using our support platform during standard working hours
- Provide in depth support across our customer platform libraries, web interface and backend pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub issues on our open source libraries
- Perform investigations, finding ways to reproduce customer problems and work with engineering teams to identify solutions
- Submit fixes or raise tickets for engineering teams to resolve system problems
- Enhance and correct our customer documentation
- Develop support tooling and documentation to improve efficiency
- Attend conferences to hone your tech skills, meet customers, and represent Bugsnag
Your background likely includes:
- Working in multiple technologies and programming languages
- Experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages:
- Mobile: e.g. Android SDK / Objective C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a software engineer
What you’ll get from us:
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business.
- Our headquarters are located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial district (one block from BART and Muni) with additional teams located in Bath, UK.
- Competitive salary/benefits - lunch on us every day, pension, health insurance, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
- Trips out to San Francisco to meet the team there.
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.