Bugsnag is growing! We're looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. You’ll work closely with Product and Design to help build our customer-facing core product. Our error monitoring dashboard helps many of the industry’s leading engineering teams around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. We’re working with React, ES6, and always exploring the latest tools. Our team is growing, and we're taking on bold challenges every day! We'd love to see what we can do next with your help.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build the core Bugsnag dashboard that helps developers all over the world be more efficient at what they do
- Collaborate with product designers and other software engineers to deliver seamless, beautiful, performant user-facing products and experiences
- Architect and build dynamic data visualizations to help customers explore huge sets of crash data
- Use what you build to improve what you build - we use Bugsnag ourselves every day!
- Use the latest and greatest frontend technologies. We use react, d3, typescript, jest, enzyme, storybook, etc.
- Be a key player in future hiring and structuring of the team
- Thoughtfully and constructively review work from others on the team
Your background likely includes:
- Experience building complex user interfaces
- Comfortable leading teams in high level technical decisions
- Mentorship of junior engineers
- Strong communication skills that reduce the inherent ambiguity in fast moving environments
- Bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Experience building interactive data visualizations
- Experience building realtime, single page apps
- Experience building APIs
- Active in technical community
At Bugsnag we believe that employing individuals with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.