Developer Relations Advocate
Marketing | San Francisco
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
Bugsnag is growing! We’re looking for a Developer Relations Advocate to join our team in San Francisco, CA.
Bugsnag is looking for our first Developer Relations Advocate to represent the company in the greater developer community. You will be the go-to person for developers when they think of mobile or client side application stability monitoring. In several communities, you will be regarded as the “face” of Bugsnag. The goal is to win the hearts and minds of software teams through providing genuine value and technical thought leadership.
Within Bugsnag, you will be viewed as the voice of the developer community and serve as a funnel for new concepts, initiatives, and latest trends.
The position reports to the VP of Marketing.
You will be responsible for:
- Represent Bugsnag at tradeshows, meetups and other events as a subject matter expert. Actively participate and be present where the developers are, whether online or offline
- Publish compelling online content to help software teams be more productive and effective
- Speak at industry events, meetups, and webinars about trends within software development and best practices in application stability monitoring
- Coordinate with our Events Specialist to grow the Bugsnag community and help guide our strategy around events and community
- Expand Bugsnag’s involvement levels in online communities such as StackOverflow, Reddit, Twitter, Slack communities, and others
- Help cultivate technical case studies with a deep understanding of use cases
- Create and work with demo applications to showcase Bugsnag’s capabilities
- Collect product feedback to influence engineering and product improvements for our customers
- Work with Product Marketing to improve adoption preferences of and messaging tailored towards developers
- Support the Growth, Content, and Customer Marketing campaigns and projects through perspective sharing and and proactive contribution
- Create a quarterly plan for developer advocacy and actively work towards achieving those goals. Report back on achievements and project completions with supporting qualitative and quantitative data
Your background and profile likely include:
- 3+ years of experience as a polyglot developer
- 3-5 years of experience in a Developer Relations or customer-facing engineering role
- Active experience within the developer community through speaking, blogging, and other applicable engagements
- Bachelor's degree
- Motivated to help define and grow our developer advocacy program
- An innate desire to share information and educate while being open to new learnings
- Mindset of improving what already works while trying out new ideas and recovering quickly from the small failures
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and be an enthusiastic problem solver
- Curious by nature and excited by emerging and existing relevant technologies
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to travel upto 25-50%
- Bonus: Interest in understanding and impacting various growth levers in a SaaS business
Bugsnag cultural values - Is this you?
- Embrace and drive change
- Be bold, iterate towards the best
- Default to transparency
- Be respectful, inclusive, humble
Marketing team values - we’d love to hear from you if you see yourself as a fit!
- Execution: Embrace mindset of “un-100% perfection”
- Accountability: Own projects. Don’t let them languish or die. Drive to completion.
- Collaboration: Over-communicate. Ask questions for clarification. Help answer questions. Communicate missed deadlines. Use the most appropriate channels.
- Growth Mindset: You are constantly learning, constantly improving.