Bugsnag is growing! We're looking for a Senior Cocoa/C++ Engineer to join our team in Bath, UK to help deliver an amazing experience to our customers while contributing back to the open source community. Our open source libraries support detecting crashes and capturing diagnostic data in several programming languages and frameworks and are integrated in mobile, web and server-side apps written by the industry’s leading engineering teams. You’ll be working with our Cocoa and C/C++ libraries across Apple platforms to make developers’ lives easier when it comes to monitoring their applications – building new features; troubleshooting customer problems; and reviewing contributions from within the team and from the open source community.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business.
- We're located in Downtown San Francisco (one block from BART and MUNI at Montgomery Street) and at the edge of the city centre in Bath.
- Competitive salary/benefits - lunch on us every day, pension, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
- We offer all new Bath hires a trip out to San Francisco to meet the team.
What you’ll get to do
- Help maintain the Bugsnag libraries for Cocoa and C/C++ libraries (and associated tools) as a part of the Bugsnag open source team
- Test and update libraries to work with the evolving software ecosystem, such as logging frameworks, analytics SDKs, and other libraries customers may be using with their Bugsnag integration
- Design, build and document new features in our open source libraries and expand the platforms and frameworks that we support
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub and support channels, improving documentation based on common patterns
- Attend software development conferences to keep up with best practices and new technologies; answer customer questions; and receive product feedback
Your background likely includes
- Experience in C, C++, Objective-C and/or Swift
- An interest in low level programming
- Enthusiastic team participation with strong communication and ability to multitask
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with application error monitoring
- Experience building open source libraries
- Experience using Unity
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.