Bugsnag is growing! We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Pipeline team in Bath, UK. A team focused on developing Bugsnag’s error report processing systems. Our systems validate, process and store hundreds of millions of error reports per day from thousands of our customer’s apps. This position will involve working on new features and helping to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing services including the latest in architectures, languages, messaging technologies and data storage.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business.
- We're located in Downtown San Francisco (one block from BART and MUNI at Montgomery Street) and at the edge of the city centre in Bath.
- Competitive salary/benefits - lunch on us every day, pension, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
- We offer all new Bath hires a trip out to San Francisco to meet the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Joining a team of engineers focusing on the design, development, and testing of Bugsnag's core error report processing systems.
- Developing in Go, Java (Spring framework) or Node.js.
- Developing with storage solutions MongoDB, Redis or Elasticsearch and messaging technologies RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Taking joint responsibility for the maintenance of several sub-systems.
- Working to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, and monitoring of these high throughput systems.
- Constructively reviewing colleagues work.
- Working closely with other Bugsnag engineering teams on new product features.
- Working with customer engineers to investigate and resolve issues reported by users.
Your background likely includes:
- Over 3 years experience developing in some of our key development languages
- Previous experience working within a team
- Previous experience of taking responsibility for the design and maintenance of sub-systems
- Some experience in helping to develop other staff members
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Quick to learn new skills and solve problems
- Bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Experience with application error monitoring
- Interest in engaging with the community through conferences, writing blog posts, attending meetups, etc
- Experience using Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience using Ruby
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.