Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over one billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
We are located in the Financial District in San Francisco and are just steps away from the Montgomery BART station. The company has an open and super friendly culture where all ideas and points of view are welcome. We offer excellent benefits including a weekly allowance for lunch and coffee or tea (or your favorite afternoon snack), premium health care, commuter benefits, a 401K (not common for a company of our size), and a cultural exchange program with our Bath office in the UK.
Bugsnag is growing! We’re looking for a dynamic Director of Demand Generation to join our team in San Francisco, CA.
Are you excited by a customer roster of renowned brands and owning the function which can help expand it by experimenting with and launching various cool initiatives? Are you ready to be a player and coach? If yes, continue reading below!
This is a highly visible position with huge room for impact at Bugsnag. You will be able to grow and mentor a top-notch demand gen team. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of high-impact marketing programs to deliver results across the marketing and sales funnel while hitting target metrics, such as new high value leads, their progression, and revenue.
This role requires a unique blend of marketing operations, creative integrated marketing, a love for data and analytics, and people management. You’re a modern marketer who is able to optimize for two growth funnels - SMB and enterprise - and has a demonstrated track record of rolling up your sleeves to build and scale brands.
The position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
What you’ll do:
Lead development and closed-loop lead management
- Refine lead flows and definitions, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Partner with the VP of Sales to ensure agreement on priorities, ownership, and SLAs
- Assist with the lead to opportunity conversion process and support Sales leadership with high value lead follow up as needed
Marketing automation system and martech stack ownership
- Evaluate and implement a marketing automation system that aligns with Bugsnag’s current and future growth
- Establish processes for attribution, lead scoring, nurturing, and campaign performance to streamline lead management and reporting processes
- Own the marketing technology stack and related operations. Evaluate and recommend new technologies to optimize performance and conversions
Data insights and reporting
- Build and refine lead forecasts on an annual and quarterly basis
- Measure the impact of demand creation activities on self service growth, enterprise opportunity conversions, revenue, and sales cycle length
- Create a weekly set of dashboards and reports showcasing KPIs for the executive team. Build ad-hoc reports as needed
- Study lead progressions and account journeys to develop keen insight on the customer’s evaluation and buying process
- Stay within budget and demonstrate quarterly ROI/progress on initiatives
- Set quarterly team objectives and performance goals
- Develop and mentor demand generation team members
Your background and profile likely include:
- 15+ years of experience in a fast-paced, demand generation environment, with a fair piece of it in high-velocity enterprise SaaS
- Proven record of meeting or exceeding pipeline and revenue targets
- Strong background to help define, execute, analyze and optimize our demand generation across multiple audiences, organizations, and app types
- Experience building and scaling demand generation programs (SEO, SEM, ABM, lead nurturing, A/B and multivariate testing, etc.) with a balanced approach towards innovation and doing what’s right for the company
- Data-driven leader who has a strong understanding of data that is useful vs. interesting with an ability to recommend actionable insights
- Enthusiastic problem solver who can improvise and think creatively while optimizing on spend
- Excellent communicator who can clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation, and verbal formats to executives and team members
- Curious by nature and excited by emerging and existing relevant technologies. You are an avid learner
- A mindset of improving what already works and recovering quickly from the small failures. Not afraid to experiment with unorthodox ideas to engage prospects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment with an openness to change course as needed
- Energetic and empathetic manager with a sense of humor
- Proficient in Marketo/Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Mode, SEO-related tools, and conversion/optimization technologies
- Bachelor’s degree
Bugsnag cultural values - Is this you?
- Embrace and drive change
- Be bold, iterate towards the best
- Default to transparency
- Be respectful, inclusive, humble
Marketing team values - we’d love to hear from you if you see yourself as a fit!
- Execution: Embrace the mindset of “un-100% perfection.”
- Accountability: Own projects. Don’t let them languish or die. Drive to completion
- Collaboration: Over-communicate. Ask questions for clarification. Help answer questions. Communicate missed deadlines. Talk to others. Talk in-person
- Growth Mindset: Constantly learning, constantly improving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.