Brizi is high-growth venture-backed startup founded in Toronto. We pride ourselves on our diverse and collaborative people-focused culture that emphasizes results and learning. Together we are helping people capture group memories. Our technology lets anyone tap into nearby cameras to capture stunning photos or fun videos at iconic locations. We’re looking for adventure-seekers to join us on a mission to make capturing special moments a breeze!
Re-invent the UI and interactions design for capturing group photos and videos at sporting events. Work closely with the product team to deliver mockups to uncover findings from user research. Then, collaborate with engineering team to build and ship your high-fidelity designs.
3 months. Application is closed on March 6th.
This contract has the opportunity for extension or turn into a full-time opportunity.
Implemented wireframes for the mobile web app
- Understand the current web app
- Build low-fi wireframes for a re-imagined user experience
- Design a user research plan to test your hypotheses through user interviews, and experimentation
- Finalize wireframes for the new experience
- Work with engineering team to bring the new design to life
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS/KEY CHALLENGES
- Compatible with Safari, Chrome, and Android mobile-only browsers
- Must closely mimic native camera app experience
- Able to handle real-time control within network congested environments
- Consider limited attention spans for user sitting in an arena
- Consider limited network bandwidth
- Direct users to look away / identify where to look when shutter is triggered
- Camera timer / countdown syncing is intuitive for non tech-savvy users
YOU ARE IDEALLY
- A tech enthusiast with at least 5+ years in UX/UI for interactive multimedia experiences
- Experience designing for mobile web apps
- A social-media savvy creative who has deep empathy for users and can communicate effectively creative strategies and reasoning behind it
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- A startup where your work and contributions really count. There is both a potential for follow-on projects, and conversion to full time position
- Flexible working hours, we want you to work when you are most productive
- Close collaboration form our engineering team on design and development
- We have an office hoverboard, massage chair, healthy snacks, and are intentional about getting the team together through smoothie hours, team dinners and outings
- We celebrate wins, learn from our failures, embrace change, invest in each other, and are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team.
- Brizi is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity