Brizi is high-growth venture-backed startup founded in Toronto. We pride ourselves on our diverse and collaborative people-focused culture that emphasizes results and learnings. Together we are out to re-invent the business that is group memories. Our technology simply lets anyone tap into nearby cameras to capture stunning photos or fun videos at iconic locations. We’re looking for adventure-seekers to join us on the mission to create and capture special moments everywhere -- and make it a breeze!
YOU’LL WORK ON
Improving and refining the hardware design of BriziCam to build a robust, smart, and easy to setup robotic camera system. In addition, you will travel around the world to deploy the BriziCam system in all kind of sport venues and cultural landmarks. The deployment process involves installation of the BriziCam system and creating a virtual map of the venue using our in-house suite of software.
You will report directly to the CTO and will work closely with our Customer Success team to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the outcome of the deployment.
YOU'LL HAVE OWNERSHIP OVER
- Designing and building components that will improve the quality and speed of deployment or BriziCam robotic camera system.
- Installations and setup of BriziCam system in major world-wide sports stadiums and venues
- Building, assembling, testing, and maintaining BriziCam nodes
- In 30 days: you will identify areas of improvement for current BriziCam nodes and installation process
- In 60 days: you will automate the deployment validation process, and build mechanical zoom remote control
- In 90 days: Prototyping and fabrication of new system form factor
- Experienced in event production
- Experienced with rapid prototyping, 3D modeling software, 3D printing
- Proficient with Python, bash, and embedded systems, testing tools and understanding of development lifecycle
- Comfortable with Linux operating systems
- A self-starter who is motivated, organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, a quick learner, accountable, and energized by new ideas and learnings from others
- An excellent communicator, team-player, and problem solver with technical aptitude and innate ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous
- A lover of travel, someone who understands world cultures
- Education: college diploma or higher
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- A startup where your work and contributions really count, growth-opportunity in a variety of skills and career directions
- Flexible working hours and time-off, we want you to work when you are most productive
- We encourage you to be your best self. We want you to help shape and shift our culture in brave new directions, not simply fit in.
- We work and play like a team. Great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team building activity in the boardroom.
- We have an office hoverboard, healthy snacks, smoothie hours, team dinners, and we take the Brizi yacht out for a spin on Fridays in the summer.
- We celebrate wins, learn from our failures, embrace change, invest in each other, and are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team.
- Brizi is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity