Intuitive Web Solutions (IWS) Products Team is looking for an experienced business analyst with commercial P&C claims background to assist in the creation our next generation BriteClaims system. The right candidate will bring experience and creativity in providing unique solutions for the customer service arm of the insurance industry; creating the most modern claims solution designed to work natively with Amazon Web Services. IWS is rapidly growing, has over 50 clients currently using our software, and recently raised additional capital to accelerate the development of IWS next version of BriteCore.
IWS has recruited a young, energetic development and design team from around the globe. The senior management team that has given the claims team latitude to create the industries best claims system. The Business Analyst will be paired with a product owner/project manager with over 20 years of insurance software experience at various solution providers.
- 40 hour work week with flex time
- Need to be available for calls with Project Team Leadership between 7:00-10am MT
- 5-10 years in P&C insurance
- 3-5 years working as a commercial lines claims adjuster for P&C insurance carrier
- 3-5 years as a business analyst
- Experience as a BOP claims adjuster
- Expertise in other commercial lines claims, including: Commercial Commercial Auto, Umbrella, Farm, Commercial Package Policy, etc.
- 3-5 years with an insurance core systems vendor
- Previous experience in providing specifications to build a claims management system from scratch.
- Self directed
- Communicates clearly
- Experience with Clubhouse, JIRA, or similar tool for organizing development requirements
- Experience writing detailed user stories with workflow diagrams and data models
- Experience storyboarding and coordinating with UI designers and software engineers
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of the claims adjudication process from FNOL to settlement for P&C claims
- Supports the Product Owner/Project Manager and the clients
- Attends all meetings as assigned by the Product Owner/Project Manager
- Serves as a subject-matter expert (SME) and is responsible for collecting and writing client requirements
- Assists with manual QA activities coordinates deployment activities with developers, and performs Settings and Data (DB/database) updates for new functionality deployed in sprints to UAT and Live sites as part of the Deployment cycle
- Escalates production and development issues to Lead Developer, Project Management or Implementation Director when necessary
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to develop requirements
- Develop epics and user stories for upcoming sprints
- Fully develop specifications 2-4 weeks ahead of engineering
- Assist with organization of project requirement suite (currently Clubhouse)
- Break stories into 1-3 day increments
- Manage and prune a 3 year product backlog
- Functional Testing
SYSTEMS WE USE:
- Clubhouse (managing Epics and Stories)
- Github (managing code)
- Invision (screen mockups)
- Slack (for general collaboration)
- Notion (for managing sprint schedule and other notes/documents)
- JIRA / Confluence (may take the place of Notion)
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Candidate submits an application here (fill out the form below and attach your resume)
- Selected candidates will be asked to complete a project to demonstrate knowledge and skills.
- Candidates with the best projects are interviewed.
About the Company
At BriteCore, we build gorgeous, scalable, and user-friendly cloud-based insurance software. This is a company founded by, and run by engineers that care about users. We have created a team of top performers developing modern systems for the insurance industry. Our team enjoys working together, and takes tremendous pride and ownership in our platform. We love great technology and it shows in every aspect of our product. Our team enjoys a very flexible, balanced, and stimulating environment. We promote a high quality of life for our employees by allowing them to choose their own schedule and location. Bring creativity, focus, and productivity to your job, and enjoy 40 hour work weeks, flexible paid time off, and remote work.