We are hiring for a User Experience Designer who is able to help us take complex workflows and distill them into a thoughtful experience for people using our app.
This position is on our growing design team, which works closely with our development teams as part of an iterative design process. You would have an important role in helping us redesign key parts of our product, and would also be part of an overall effort to improve and standardize our design system. We're also looking for someone to help us grow as a team and solidify our design processes.
The kind of work we do
BriteCore is essentially a CMS for insurance companies. They use it to manage all aspects of their business, including tracking policies, managing contacts and handling claims.
This means our users typically see our app more as a business tool like Microsoft Word or Google Sheets than a website (even though it is completely a web-based app). They also are using BriteCore for several hours every day, and are concerned with doing things quickly and efficiently. This, along with the complicated nature of insurance, means we deal with some complex workflows, and try to set ourselves apart from our competitors with a smooth User Experience that helps them navigate these tough processes.
What you might be doing
We’re looking for a team member who thinks critically about user experience, and is able to see it through with a polished interface. This means you might do things like:
- Ask in-depth questions to understand a process, and back up decisions with research and user tests.
- Iterate on designs using a variety of techniques, such as sketches, workflow diagrams and high-fidelity mockups
- Leverage our existing design components in your work, and understand when a new component or pattern might be needed.
What it is like to work here
BriteCore is a remote-first company — even employees who live in our home city of Springfield, MO usually work from home! And most of the people you will work with are scattered across the US and the globe. This means that remote team members are just as much part of the company as local employees. We also allow a lot of flexibility in terms of time off. In return, we expect all of our employees to be productive and accountable, which means you'll work alongside a great, dedicated team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Several years of experience as a designer is preferred
- Understand complex topics and ask questions to make sure we are solving the right problems our users
- Iterate and improve on existing parts of the app
- Inform design decisions with data, user testing
- Communicate clearly
- Welcome feedback and collaboration
- Be friendly, confident, and patient with others
- Stay up on industry best practices and trends
- Technologies we use
- Sketch, Balsamiq, or other wireframing tools
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with coding concepts is very helpful, but no coding experience is required.
Benefits and Compensation
- $45k-$90k, highly based on experience and proven performance
- Benefit from working alongside and observing a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible schedule
- Relaxed work environment
- Remote work
- Flexible learning time — explore your ideas and new technologies on the clock
More about the company
At BriteCore, we build gorgeous, scalable, and usable cloud-based insurance software. This is a company where design is deeply valued and has a seat at the table. We have created a team of top performers developing modern systems for the insurance industry. Our team enjoys working together, and takes tremendous pride and ownership in our platform. The environment is progressive – we are building a modular design system for use across all of our products. We love great technology and design and it shows in every aspect of our product. Our team enjoys a flexible, balanced, and stimulating environment. We promote a high quality of life for our employees by allowing them to choose their own schedule and location. Bring creativity, focus, and productivity to your job, and enjoy 40 hour work weeks, flexible paid time off, and remote work.