Intuitive Web Solutions (IWS) Data Team is looking for a business analyst with hands on experience using BI tools for reporting like Excel, VBA, Pentaho suite, Power BI, SAP, etc. The applicant will need to be comfortable coding with Python and Pandas but there is no need for previous professional experience with those. You can showcase what you have by completing our project.
You will work in collaboration with our clients to validate reports and test them for accurate business analysis. You will also work together with our Data Engineers for more technical tasks that involve extending or debugging our Data Warehouse platform. Our stack is 100% python based and this includes the ETL process and reports, this position will involve heavily hands on coding with Python and Pandas.
LOCATION: Fully remote.
- 40 hour work week with flex time.
- Sometimes we need to be available for calls with our clients on business hours 9:00AM - 5PM CST.
- Based on experience between $50k-$70k USD/year.
- 2-4 years as a business analyst getting requirements for new reports.
- 2-4 years as a business analyst authoring reports for different business purposes using BI Tools (Excel, VBA, Pentaho, etc).
- 1-2 years using Pandas and Python preferred.
- 1 year using Git preferred.
- Previous experience as Business Analyst or in some position that involves heavily working with requirements and building reports.
- Expert English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Feels comfortable with Pandas and Python.
- Experience writing detailed and simple to follow requirement specifications for reporting needs.
- Defining and developing tests around reports for repeatable quality results.
This is a hands on position, you will spend most of the time (at least 80%) writing code in Pandas and Python.
- Communicate regularly with our clients from insurance companies to gather and understand data, reporting requirements and provide support for existing reports.
- Communicate regularly with our internal Data Engineers to improve and extend our Data Warehouse for new reporting requirements.
- Author new reports with Python, Pandas and OpenPyXL.
- Develop test scenarios and conduct functional testing to ensure programming / configuration has been done in accordance with functional specifications and business requirements.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- Python, Pandas and OpenPyXL
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
- Candidate submits an application here (fill out the form below and attach your resume).
- Selected candidates will be asked to complete a project to demonstrate knowledge and skills.
- Candidates with the best projects are interviewed.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At BriteCore, we build gorgeous, scalable, and user-friendly cloud-based insurance software. This is a company founded by, and run by engineers that care about users. We have created a team of top performers developing modern systems for the insurance industry. Our team enjoys working together, and takes tremendous pride and ownership in our platform. We love great technology and it shows in every aspect of our product. Our team enjoys a very flexible, balanced, and stimulating environment. We promote a high quality of life for our employees by allowing them to choose their own schedule and location. Bring creativity, focus, and productivity to your job, and enjoy 40 hour work weeks, flexible paid time off, and remote work.