POSTED: June 25, 2018
Intuitive Web Solutions (IWS) Products Team is looking for an experienced business analyst with P&C claims background to assist in the creation our next generation BriteClaims system. The right candidate will bring experience and creativity in providing unique solutions for the customer service arm of the insurance industry; creating the most modern claims solution designed to work natively with Amazon Web Services. IWS is rapidly growing, has over 50 clients currently using our software, and recently raised additional capital to accelerate the development of IWS next version of BriteCore.
IWS has recruited a young, energetic development and design team from around the globe. The senior management team that has given the claims team latitude to create the industries best claims system. The Business Analyst will be paired with a veteran project manager with over 20 years of insurance software experience at various solution providers.
LOCATION: Fully remote.
- 40 hour work week with flex time
- Need to be available for calls with Project Team Leadership between 7:00-10am MT
- Based on experience---between $80k-$120k/year
- 5-10 years in P&C insurance required
- 3-5 years in P&C claims required
- Expertise in various lines of business.(Commercial property, commercial auto, personal property, personal auto, liability, surplus lines, workers comp, cyber, cargo, etc)
- 3-5 years as a business analyst preferred
- 3-5 years with a software company preferred
- Previous experience in providing specifications to build a claims management system.
- Self directed
- Communicates clearly
- Experience with Clubhouse, JIRA, or similar tool for organizing development requirements
- Experience writing detailed user stories with workflow diagrams and data models
- Experience storyboarding and coordinating with UI designers and software engineers
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of the claims adjudication process from FNOL to settlement for P&C claims
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to develop requirements
- Develop epics and user stories for upcoming sprints
- Fully develop specifications 2-4 weeks ahead of engineering
- Assist with organization of project management suite (currently Clubhouse)
- Break stories into 3-5 day increments
- Manage and prune a 3 year product backlog
SYSTEMS WE USE:
- Clubhouse (managing Epics and Stories)
- Github (managing code)
- Invision (screen mockups)
- Slack (for general collaboration)
- Notion (for managing sprint schedule and other notes/documents)
- JIRA / Confluence (may take the place of Notion)
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
- Candidate submits an application here (fill out the form below and attach your resume)
- Selected candidates will be asked to complete a project to demonstrate knowledge and skills.
- Candidates with the best projects are interviewed.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At BriteCore, we build gorgeous, scalable, and user-friendly cloud-based insurance software. This is a company founded by, and run by engineers that care about users. We have created a team of top performers developing modern systems for the insurance industry. Our team enjoys working together, and takes tremendous pride and ownership in our platform. We love great technology and it shows in every aspect of our product. Our team enjoys a very flexible, balanced, and stimulating environment. We promote a high quality of life for our employees by allowing them to choose their own schedule and location. Bring creativity, focus, and productivity to your job, and enjoy 40 hour work weeks, flexible paid time off, and remote work.