Effective learning is active, not passive. Brilliant
helps over 9 million members around the world master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. To understand more about our approach, read our principles
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers Page
to vector calculus
in an interactive way.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Building the frontend for new features using Vue, TypeScript, and SCSS -- writing clean code and making smart design decisions, all with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with passionate education experts to grow a suite of tools for expressing concepts in an interactive way – built primarily in Elm. These tools are essential to the future of Brilliant and under rapid development.
- Maintaining and modifying legacy features built with Django templates, JS/ES6, and Less. We're actively working to replace all of our legacy code, so this type of work will gradually decrease over the next year.
- Identifying technical debt and offering recommendations on improving the quality of the frontend codebase.
- Staying well-informed of new technologies as they come up in the ever-evolving frontend world, and recognizing the difference between a game changing technology and a passing fad.
Who are you?
You feel great joy when problem solving (or perhaps after successfully solving a problem). You're able to break a problem down into its component parts, understand it completely, and brainstorm with others on multiple solutions – weighing solutions against each other within the constraints of the situation at hand. You can effectively translate a solution from thought to clean, idiomatic code.
Our Engineering Team
Our engineers are extraordinary programmers without big egos. We love to share knowledge and support each other. We work together as an interdependent team to accomplish a common goal, and we know how to get things done. We maintain high personal standards, and possess an ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated pursuit of knowledge.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world