Brilliant.org is looking for a Lead Product Designer with a passion for visuals to help craft captivating experiences for learning math, science and engineering.
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, artists, engineers, storytellers, designers, and educators all on a mission to transform the way STEM is taught. Since 2012, Brilliant has helped millions of users achieve their learning goals, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a lead designer to help prototype and craft the next-generation of interactive learning.
- Put yourself in the shoes of STEM learners, in topics ranging from calculus to classic mechanics to computer science.
- Work with educators and illustrators to create fun, immersive, and interactive experiences for these topics, plus strategize with product on how to build these features at scale
- Facilitate design thinking and user conversations
- Collaborate with the art team to expand and systematize a unique illustration style
- Ensure consistency across every design element, including iconography, infographics, technical diagrams, graphs, and animation.
- Richly tell our brand story through marketing pages and collateral
- Have 3+ years of product and/or communication design experience at a consumer product company or agency
- Have a portfolio of compelling visual and interactive solutions to nuanced user needs
- Are a strategic, passionate thinker, eager to think big and tinker with ideas
- Are an expert in digital design craft for web and mobile
- Are genuinely curious about at least one of: math, logic, science, nature and the laws that shape our universe
As a plus, maybe you:
- Have worked on interactive storytelling or games
- Like illustrating
- Have experience designing for complex topics like those in math, science, computer science
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant is on a mission to create exceptional STEM learning experiences, at scale. We’ve helped bring learners from all over the world together on a platform in which they can excel, learn, and contribute. Our course writers come from top institutions like Caltech, MIT, and Stanford. Our entire team care deeply about our impact on end humans, and the change we’re bringing about in the world.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world