Effective learning is active, not passive. Brilliant helps people around the world master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. Over 7.5 million members have learned from our community wiki and subscription courses. To understand more about our approach, read our principles and testimonials.
In a nutshell, you'll be responsible for building interaction-first courses in math and science. We believe that interactive visualizations have the potential to change how people learn math and science. Your job as the first full time engineer on the team is to help us realize that potential. You will be reporting to the Senior PM for Interactive Visualizations – but make no mistake, this is a highly cross-functional role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with course writers to develop prototypes that both fit the pedagogical needs and test our hypotheses on the role of interactive visualization in learning.
- Implementing interactive visualizations that run across all of the Brilliant platforms (web, mobile web, and native webviews).
- Developing tooling to support your own productivity and content team members' ability to produce variants of live interactive visualizations.
- Identifying technical debt and taking steps to improve the quality of the interactives codebase.
Who are you?
Going further, you've had to teach yourself at least one difficult topic, and you viscerally understand the difficulty of working with existing texts or online resources.
Finally, you're an excellent communicator with both engineers and domain experts in unfamiliar areas – you're going to be helping to teach subjects that you sometimes don't understand, after all!
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We're a company that's helping to bring thinkers from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.