Effective learning is active, not passive. Brilliant
helps over 7.5 million members around the world master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. To understand more about our approach, read our principles
As the VP of Content, you will further develop Brilliant's content strategy, lead a world-class team of content creators, and ensure operational excellence. You will be joining a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact in the world.
This is you:
- Confident about...
- making critical decisions that will shape Brilliant's content and outcomes
- inspiring and managing a growing team, including remote employees
- simplifying the complex and having the ability to say 'no'
- empathizing with Brilliant's customers (and future customers)
- Exceptional in your...
- taste for what makes a STEM learning experience great (experience educating is a plus)
- synthesis of complex information (data skills are a plus)
- interpersonal and communication skills (management experience is a plus)
- ability to solve today's problems without losing sight of the big picture
- Enthusiastic about...
- working cross-functionally to bring the impossible to life (and to market)
- codifying vision and best practices, empowering content creation at scale
- designing processes to maximize quality output and minimize friction
- supporting talented people in their personal and career growth
- Content vision
- Create short-, medium-, and long-term vision statements, and action plans to achieve them
- Deepen conviction in the vision through analysis and experimentation
- Build a world-class editorial culture
- Bring content verticals to life to address new audiences
- People management
- Inspire and empower talented, diverse people to do their best work, while still working within common principles and toward common goals
- Build a culture that attracts the world's most talented content creators, and recruit them into it
- Demand high integrity and best-in-class results from yourself and your team, while managing energy and having fun
- Effectively communicate with executives about strategy, operations, and results
- Set ambitious goals and inspire your team to achieve them
- Appropriately balance getting in the weeds (i.e., doing content reviews) with high-level strategy
- Work (and help your team work) cross-functionally with product, marketing, and engineering teams
- Allocate resources effectively to maximize company outcomes
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
To land an interview:
- Submit your resume
- Write a cover letter explaining:
- your vision for content on Brilliant, in the short and long term
- why you believe you're a good fit for this role
- what you think the easiest and hardest parts of the role will be for you