RPG Developer – Lake Mary, FL
*No H1Bs - US Citizens or Green Card holders only please.*
We LOVE iSeries Developers!
This 100% onsite position is at a well established Fortune 100 located in sunny Orlando. You would be responsible for the ongoing feature and quality improvement of our line of business application. This includes every level of the analysis, design, work estimation, development and documentation.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, customer focused, self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision. Detailed design, development, documentation, and debugging of CLLE, RPG LE and SQL RPG LE based applications. Recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Possesses expert level knowledge of the tools and best practices for software development
- Experience/ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
- Solid individual performance while also performing on a team of professionals
- Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in areas of expertise
- Work with teams to review code to ensure technical excellence
- Ability to understand and function in a multi-tiered programming environment
- Work with Technical and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for newly designed or modified applications.
- Work with QA Analysts to develop automated testing procedures.
- Formulate detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to design applications and services.
- Code new or modified applications utilizing existing systems and test program effectiveness.
- Evaluate error messages and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Perform analysis of systems issues or changes.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures
- Prepare technical documentation as required.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Adaptability and willingness to stay current with programming techniques
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely process and detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in CLLE, RPG LE/SQL RPG LE (RPGFree), SQL, DDL, DB2/400 development in an agile IBM i environment.
- Experience using X-Analysis and Rational Developer for i (RDi) a MUST.
- Experience creating and using service programs, binder source and DB2 stored procedures.
- Familiar with Service Oriented Architectural (SOA) principles and web-based microservices.
- Working experience with RESTful Web Services, JSON and Apache Server would be a plus.
**This position is located onsite in Lake Mary, FL. Relocation is REQUIRED. No remote opportunities**