We're making healthcare better. Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient remote care, increasing provider capacity by up to 30%, efficiency by as much as 90%, and margins by 5x. We're looking for people who are excited to join our diverse, creative, high-performing team and help transform healthcare.
In this Finance Manager role you’ll have the opportunity to have extraordinary input into Executive and Board decision making. Your analysis and forecasts will drive strategic planning, critical resource allocations and major investment decisions. In this combined “Manager/Maker” role, you’ll both produce new and original insights, and provide leadership and direction in the Finance operations.
Manage all aspects of the financial operations of an early stage, rapidly growing, award-winning, venture-backed cloud software company.
- An extraordinary comfort with numbers and analysis
- A deep curiosity for the insights that can be unlocked from a diverse set of financial, operational, customer and team inputs
- A capacity to raise the excellence of a team and change outcomes by shining light on what’s important
- Job satisfaction driven by continual learning, through the process of experimentation, measurement of results and course correction
- Attention to detail; creativity and patience with auditing and checking work
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 7+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 5+ years of experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.) and familiarity with GSheets
- 5+ years experience with visual communication of analysis, with advanced proficiency in Powerpoint, at a minimum
- 5+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with processes for invoicing, AR/AP management and cash management
- Experience working with external accounting and bookkeeping firms; appropriately delegating tasks, and managing and driving the quality of their work
- Familiarity with stock option plans and capitalization table management
- Experience working on, or assisting, a Business Intelligence team; using BI tools, collaborating on data inputs, and driving data investigations
What is Not Required
- Familiarity with healthcare accounting, insurance reimbursement or any other nuances of healthcare billing or payments; we are a software company, and this position requires only that you know standard GAAP accounting
There is no cookie-cutter outline for this position. If you are passionate about it and believe you could be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
A Great Place To Work
Bright.md is one of the hottest and most exciting startups in Portland, we've been recognized as a company that's transforming how healthcare gets delivered. We've closed our second major round of funding and are actively implementing with some of the largest and most innovative healthcare delivery systems in the country. Our team has grown to a fantastic group of individuals who are dedicated to leading the industry into the future of healthcare delivery.
We offer a great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance, a generous Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more.
On top of that, you'll be working with a team that knows how to have fun. We play games in the office, run company-sponsored races together, have team dinners and happy hours, go white-water rafting, hiking, and do a bunch of other really fun events and activities.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Send a resume and cover letter that lets us know why you are interested and why you are a great fit!