Vice President of Communications
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Great Benefits
Terrific leadership opportunity at a highly regarded national nonprofit organization. The role, Vice President of Communications, will lead the strategic planning and execution of all communications initiatives including social media, public relations and internal communications. The position will promote and build awareness of the organization through relationships with media and other constituents. The VP of Communications will manage, mentor and train a team of 25 professionals, with 3 direct reports. Candidates must have 7+ years of relevant experience in either non-profit or for-profit, including at least 5 years in a leadership role. Candidates should have a strong track record of success with building and executing strategic communications plans, successfully growing earned media placements and leading a communications team. Salary is commensurate with experience and the organization provides excellent benefits. Work-life balance is a priority. This position will be based in Jacksonville, FL.
- Oversight of all internal and external communications initiatives
- Develop and execute a strategic communications plan for a non-profit with a national reach
- Build relationships with media and other constituents in order to grow awareness and support
- Manage, mentor and train a communications team of 25, with 3 direct reports
- Must thrive in a highly collaborative and mission-driven culture
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience, including at least 5 in a leadership capacity
- Strong track record of success with managing and mentoring teams
Equal opportunity employer.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we will only be able to contact those candidates that fit the requirements of the position. Thank you for your understanding.