Director of Development
National Nonprofit that Supports Members of our Military and their Families
San Francisco Area
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific Director of Development position with a national nonprofit focused on supporting members of our military and their families. This is a new role that will be responsible for the full lifecycle of fundraising from multiple sources in the Northern California region. Specifically, the Director of Development will research and identify prospects, as well as cultivate, solicit and steward donors including individuals and corporations, with a focus on major gifts of $25k+. The position will also engage with regional and local Boards and volunteers in order to increase engagement. The Director of Development is part of a team responsible for $8 million in annual fundraising, with an individual goal of $1 to $1.5 million. There is the potential for management responsibilities as they continue to grow their presence in the region. This is a remote position that will also have part-time access to a local office. Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3 of those years in a supervisory role. A successful track record of securing $25k+ plus gifts from multiple sources including individuals and corporations is required. Candidates must thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Build and maintain a donor portfolio through successful prospect research and identification
- Cultivate, solicit and steward individual and corporate donors, with a focus on major gifts of $25k+
- Collaborate with local and national team members on the design and execution of a strategic fundraising plan
- Increase engagement with Boards and volunteers
- Perform duties as necessary in the absence of the Vice President of Development
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of relevant development experience, with at least 3 of those years in a supervisory capacity
- Strong track record of success closing $25k+ gifts
- A self-starter with the ability to be successful in a remote work environment
- A strong desire to support our military and their families
Equal opportunity employer.