Director of Communications
Salary: Up to $150k, based on experience
Terrific Director of Communications position at a rapidly growing education-based nonprofit in the Philadelphia area. This new role will be part of the leadership team and responsible for all strategic and tactical communications initiatives necessary to scale its programs nationally and transform K-12 education. This will include all branding, website, social media and public relations efforts. The Director will develop and implement an annual communications plan, lead the generation of content, build awareness and create momentum for the organization during a critical phase of growth. The position will manage, mentor and train a team of two, with the opportunity to add positions as necessary in the future. Qualified candidates will have approximately 7-10+ years of relevant experience, including leadership and strategy. They must be able to effectively convey the mission of the organization to various stakeholders and describe how support for their programs will have an impact. Extensive experience with public relations, including earned media, is important. Candidates must also be able to manage branding, website content, social media and supporter communications. Salary is up to $150k, based on experience and the organization provides excellent benefits.
- Integral part of the leadership team, developing and implementing a communications strategy
- Oversight of communications, branding, website, social media and PR
- Ensure consistent messaging through all marketing channels
- Drive awareness and demand of the organization and its programs through communications
- Collateral design for various stakeholders
- Manage and mentor a team of two
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s a plus
- Approximately 7-10+ years relevant experience, including management
- The ability to craft exciting, compelling and useful messages for various audiences
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in PR, with a focus on earned media
- Education experience a plus
Equal opportunity employer.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we will only be able to reply to those candidates that fit the requirements of the position. Thank you for your understanding.