Rapidly Growing Social Services Nonprofit in NYC
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific General Counsel position with a rapidly growing social services nonprofit in New York City. The position will be an integral member of the Executive team, serving as chief legal advisor. Responsibilities include oversight of all legal affairs, including in-house corporate affairs and policy initiatives. The General Counsel will advise on matters including corporate governance, finance, contracts, risk management, real estate transactions and employment. The role will also monitor and manage litigation in collaboration with outside counsel. Candidates must be admitted to the NYS Bar and have approximately 7-10+ years of relevant experience, with at least two years in a leadership role. Similar social services or similar experience preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Member of the Executive team, advising on matters of corporate governance, employment, finance, contracts, risk management and real estate
- Counsel management on legal issues relating to programs and services
- Contribute to the organization’s real estate acquisition and management strategy
- Monitor and manage litigation with outside counsel
- Interface with Board on matters as needed
- Supervision of professional and administrative staff
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Admission to the NYS Bar
- Approximately 7+ years relevant experience
- Two to five years experience in a leadership role
- Social services or similar experience preferred
- Knowledge of real estate development in NYC a plus
Equal opportunity employer.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we will only be able to reply to those candidates that fit the requirements of the position. Thank you for your understanding.