About the company
We’re a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up. Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
In our work with MaRS, we were challenged to explore how to increase transit ridership amongst suburban commuters from Vaughan travelling to Toronto by leveraging shared mobility to solve the first/last mile challenge. Together, we produced a set of integrated service concepts intended to help MaRS, the world’s largest urban innovation hub, guide the development of shared mobility pilots in Ontario’s Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA).
Working with the New York City Transit Authority, we took a service design approach to the development of a multi-billion dollar strategic plan, Fast Forward: The Plan to Modernize New York City Transit. Bridgeable’s and NYCT’s work on this highly impactful stakeholder engagement project was recognized with a Design Value Award in the 2018 Design Management Institute competition.
What are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a Director of Transit who will lead the consulting practice in a well-established organizational vertical focused primarily on the transportation industry.
In your role, you will have wide exposure to the issues and innovations in the urban transit world including strategy development, infrastructure planning, stakeholder engagement and shared mobility. Senior executives will see you as a highly valued member and leader of important project teams. You are a skilled relationship leader and comfortable building account relationships, networking within the industry and opening doors.
Additionally, you will oversee the management of client projects by providing a business strategy lens, strategic positioning, and tone-setting guidance for deliverables. You will provide the team leads with actionable feedback so that deliverables can be refined to better deliver against project objectives and better fit into a broader narrative for Bridgeable and/or the client organization.
On a more tactical level you will provide project oversight and capacity building, working directly with delivery teams by coaching and mentoring managers to consistently deliver the highest standard in design for human impact and by increasing the strategic relevance of design as a foundational organizational practice.
As a member of the senior leadership team you will contribute internally to the vision, strategy and the evolution of our offering. Working cross-functionally with management you will identify opportunities to optimize project delivery through the standardization of repeatable processes, methods or tools. This will provide bottom-line growth, allowing more efficient and higher quality delivery.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Managing and cultivating client relationships that lead to the development of new business opportunities
- Effectively articulating Bridgeable's unique offerings and solutions portfolio in client pitches leading to closing opportunities, as well as contributing to expanding our library of solutions
- Overseeing project scoping, managing RFP responses and mapping out resource allocation and requirements in an effective way
- Creating solutions that optimize client processes and provides them with competitive advantage
- Retaining and growing Bridgeable’s client relationships delivering a revenue target
- Speaking with unquestioned credibility both internally and externally across a variety of initiatives
- Inspiring team energy and enthusiasm over time while maintaining an accelerated cadence
- Providing regular performance feedback with an emphasis on mentoring talent across the organization
- Fostering team development by imparting knowledge with humility and creating capacity for exploration, while providing hands on support as required
- Participating in the interview process for new hires with a focus on attracting and identifying excellent talent aligned with our values and culture
- Overseeing a team of ~10 and providing hands on leadership support with team managers
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Nurtured and managed relationships with senior level clients within Transit. You have a strong and credible presence and you are a skillful and confident presenter
- A master’s degree or higher in a pertinent field (MBA); or undergraduate degree and equivalent and relevant work experience
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible roles in management consulting in the transportation industry
- Formal people management experience, including performance reviews, inter-personal conflict management, and participating in decisions for hiring, promotions, and terminations
- skilled strategist who can dive deep to understand the details and zoom out to reflect on how those impact the bigger picture over the long team
- A thought leader respected in the transportation industry
- A values champion; growing the skills, knowledge, and expertise across your teams
- Experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams who achieve excellence in project delivery
- Confident connecting with experts, potential clients and leveraging your network from across industries
- Passionate about improving people’s lives through the application of a human-centred design approach
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment where creative boundaries are broad and natural curiosities are valued
- Applying project management best practices to achieve successful outcomes and broaden the opportunity for impact
- Team management of multi-disciplinary, hyper-creative and somewhat quirky individuals
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time enjoyable and energizing. We have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions. Our Employee Experience team is dedicated to creating enriching activities, like mindfulness meditation, improv, and summer camp - to relax, invigorate and strengthen the Bridgeable team.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you the space, resources and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning we invest in personal and professional development opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care and dental needs covered and we provide all of our employees with a fitness membership at Goodlife.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant centre for professionals in media, tech and design.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply with cover letter and resume via the careers page on our website.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity with Bridgeable and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.