About the company
We’re a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up. Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
In our work with TELUS, we took a service design approach to reimagine and re-design the cell phone renewals experience for their customers, earning us international recognition as the winner, alongside TELUS, of the Best Commercial Project at the 2017 Service Design Network Conference (SDN) in Madrid.
Additionally, we’ve supported Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) in the creation of an open-sourced patient communication resource, Universal Patient Language (UPL) and were recognized, alongside BMS, at the eyeforpharma competition, winning the Most Valuable Patient Initiative in 2017.
What are we looking for?
Our team is currently seeking a Biomedical Communications Designer. In this role, you’ll use your outstanding skills to translate complex medical ideas to a variety of stakeholders across client facing projects.
Designing great experiences in healthcare is what we do here and the role of the biomedical communicator is crucial in communicating complex ideas in a simple way. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of innovative projects that have a real impact on people and the way they interact in situations where they often feel vulnerable and uninformed.
Working with our multi-disciplinary team, you will help create visually compelling design deliverables, both digital and non-digital, infographics, and prototypes and assist in the planning and facilitation of co-creation sessions and workshops. You will also have the opportunity to participate in design research and design strategy work.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team and contributing to the vision and planning of all aspects of the team’s deliverables
- Producing artifacts that are at once visually compelling and effective in communicating a patient journey, story or process
- Turning wireframes and prototyped storyboards into finished artifacts
- Applying a variety of user-centered design approaches in a healthcare context including but not limited to: storyboards, journey maps, service blueprints, experience prototyping, usability research, etc.
- Translating insights, data and copy into choices of medium, layout, typography, colour combinations, textures, etc. that support the communication objectives
- Articulating astute points of view from user-research on human-centered design challenges and solutions including impacts on a variety of stakeholders within healthcare systems such as nurses, prescribers, and allied healthcare professionals
- Presenting and defending design choices in a thoughtful, and strategic way
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas that contribute to project objectives
- Assisting with the planning, development, and execution of co-creation sessions and design research as required
Profile of the ideal candidate
- A master’s degree or higher in biomedical communication; or related undergraduate degree
- One or more years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership over discrete to complex deliverables
- Workshop facilitation experience and are confident in presenting to internal or external audiences
- The ability to tell a good story, translating complex knowledge into insightful pieces that resonate with end-users
- Relentlessly useful and enjoy working with other designers, researchers, and strategists
- Experienced in applying broader design tools and methods
- Comfortable speaking in front of others and defending design decisions
- A Creative Suite wiz and proven experience building MS PowerPoint slide decks
- The energy of a fast-paced environment
- Simplifying the complex using visual thinking and design
- Prototyping and iterating, and prototyping and iterating, and prototyping and iterating
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time enjoyable and energizing. We have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions. Our Employee Experience team is dedicated to creating enriching activities, like mindfulness meditation, improv, and summer camp - to relax, invigorate and strengthen the team.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you the freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you space, resources, and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning we invest in personal and professional development opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care, and dental needs covered and we provide all of our employees with a lifestyle spending account.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant center for professionals in media, tech, and design.
If you are as excited about this entry level Designer opportunity then we look forward to hearing from you!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity with Bridgeable and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.