About the company
Bridgeable is a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up. Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
In our work with TELUS, we took a service design approach to reimagining and re-designing the cell phone renewals experience for their customers, earning us international recognition as the winner, alongside TELUS, of the Best Commercial Project at the 2017 Service Design Network Conference (SDN) in Madrid.
Additionally, we’ve supported Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) in the creation of an open-sourced patient communication resource, Universal Patient Language (UPL) and were recognized, alongside BMS, at the eyeforpharma competition, winning the Most Valuable Patient Initiative in 2017. Most recently Bridgeable was awarded the 2019 Fast Company – Innovation by Design award.
What are we looking for?
We are hiring an Entry-level Consultant who will work primarily on client projects, spanning various industries such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, financial services, transportation, and the public sector. In this role you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to uncover insights and translate these into innovation and service design possibilities.
Your area of expertise may be in a variety of disciplines, but your core competency is thinking strategically, solving problems creatively, and working collaboratively. You will contribute to the delivery of client projects that understand user needs, design compelling experiences, and support organizations to implement at scale. You will bring a positive, fearless attitude to your work, with a drive to be relentlessly useful, and a thirst for continuous learning.
As a successful candidate, we will work with you to match you with the Bridgeable job family that best matches your education and experience:
- Service Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Communication Designer
- Design Researcher
- Business Designer
Some key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team focused on creating more human-centred experiences across service touchpoints
- Participate in collaborative work sessions both internally, and externally with clients
- Synthesize data from research and co-creation sessions to identify key insights
- Participate in the translation of key themes and research insights into opportunity areas
- Collaborate on the planning and delivery of participatory design experiences and activities
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to design the features of individual touchpoints and holistic experiences, using an iterative, prototyping approach
- Support the implementation of new experiences within organizations
- Communicate user insights, opportunity areas, and concept designs to different audiences
- Interact directly with end users, clients, and other stakeholders
- Explore trends and best practices and summarize the potential applications in client work
Profile of an ideal candidate
- An undergraduate degree of any kind
- Past work experience or school projects where you demonstrated skills that complement Bridgeable’s capabilities
- A track record of participating in extra-curricular activities that demonstrate your curiosity about the world.
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to consistently prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A skill or set of skills where you really excel — something that sets you apart from your peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- An affinity for human-centred design and design thinking
- Creative – both in the sense of being imaginative and having original ideas, and in the sense of creating new objects, services, experiences
- Able to empathize with others, and are able to see the world from someone else’s point of view
- A strong systems thinker and creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable, allowing you to be comfortable in environments with a high degree of ambiguity
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and efficient, with a strong ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Adept at learning new software and proficient with one or more of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and digital prototyping tools
- Telling compelling stories, whether through narrative prose, compelling visuals, or effective prototypes
- Refining the details of a solution until it meets a high standard for excellence
- To improve people’s lives through a human-centred approach
- To work collaboratively to turn ideas into reality, working with people of diverse backgrounds
- To embrace new experiences with resiliency and a sense of adventure
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment where creative boundaries are broad and natural curiosities are valued
- Introducing new and innovative approaches to your work
- The balance between working independently and in collaboration with creative teams
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time energizing, engaging, and ultimately a fulfilling career experience. We pride ourselves in nurturing the strongest team in Service Design and we have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
The work we do and the way we work attracts the brightest and most creative humans in the industry. People here are driven to work on challenging assignments and deliver to a high-quality standard. We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, and that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you the freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you the space, resources and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning and an established coaching culture we invest heavily in learning and development and support you with professional growth opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care and dental needs covered, and we provide all of our employees with a flexible wellness spending account.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant center for professionals in media, tech, and design.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, then we look forward to hearing from you! Apply to the Entry-level Consultant position via the careers page on our website.
Please submit the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- A piece of work you are proud of with a 300 - 500-word explanation. Ex. essay/thesis statement, volunteer work, work accomplishment, experience map, visual design, passion project etc. We are very openminded about what you choose!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.
Bridgeable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Bridgeable places a high value on diversity and inclusion! We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities without discrimination to members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, religion, origin, gender, sexual orientation or age. Bridgeable’s commitment extends to all employment decisions and terms and conditions of employment.
Should you require any accommodations in the recruitment process please do not hesitate to our team know.