About the company
We’re a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up.
In our work with TELUS we took a service design approach to reimagining and re-designing the cell phone renewals experience for their customers, earning us international recognition as the winner, alongside TELUS, of the Best Commercial Project at the 2017 Service Design Network Conference (SDN) in Madrid.
Additionally, we’ve supported Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) in the creation of an open-sourced patient communication resource, Universal Patient Language (UPL) and were recognized, alongside BMS, at the eyeforpharma competition, winning the Most Valuable Patient Initiative in 2017.
Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
What are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a Service Designer who will work primarily on client projects, spanning various industries focused on, but not limited to, consumer health, healthcare, financial services, transportation and the public sector. In this role you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to uncover awakening insights and translate these into innovation and service design possibilities.
Your area of expertise may be in strategy, research, digital or design disciplines, but your core competency is thinking strategically and bringing solutions to the market. You will contribute to the development of material that effectively communicates complex concepts in a compelling way. You will bring a positive, fearless attitude to your work, with a drive to be relentlessly useful, and a thirst for professional and personal development.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team focused on creating better user-experiences across service touchpoints
- Participate in collaborative work sessions both internally, and externally with clients
- Synthesize data from research and co-creation sessions to identify key insights
- Participate in the translation of key themes and research insights into opportunity areas
- Communicate user insights and opportunity areas through effective story telling tailored appropriately to audience
- Assist with the planning of participatory design experiences and activities
- Design unique and clear templates to uncover user needs in collaborative work sessions
- Create low-fidelity prototypes in collaborative work sessions and rapidly iterate them based on user feedback
- Formulate research insight, data and ideas into compelling communications that support the deliverables objectives
- Produce visually compelling, high-fidelity outputs that effectively communicate a journey, story or process
- Make design choices that demonstrate how communication artefacts fit into the larger context of a client’s organization and market
- Explore service design trends and best practices and summarize the potential applications in client work
Profile of the ideal candidate
- An undergraduate degree in pertinent field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of work experience in the field of service design, industrial design and/or interaction design
- Experience and facility working with visual design and digital prototyping tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, and Balsamiq
- Experienced in a consulting environment, or similar client service role
- Experienced with working with the pressure of deadlines and ability to prioritize tasks strategically
- Empathetic and build understanding of user needs in varying contexts
- Able to translate complex ideas into communicative, visual prototypes and frameworks
- Prototyping and iterating and prototyping and iterating and prototyping and iterating
- Planning co-creation sessions and participating in workshops
- The opportunity to improve people’s lives through the application of a human-centred design approach
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time energizing, engaging, and ultimately a fulfilling career experience. We pride ourselves in nurturing the strongest team in Service Design and we have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
The work we do and the way we work attracts the brightest and most creative humans in the industry. People here are driven to work on challenging assignments and deliver to a high-quality standard. We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you the space, resources and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning and an established coaching culture we invest heavily in learning and development and support you with professional growth opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care and dental needs covered, and we provide all of our employees with a flexible wellness spending account.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant centre for professionals in media, tech and design.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply with cover letter, resume, and portfolio of past work via the careers page on our website.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.