Bridgeable is currently seeking applications for our 2019 Summer Designership Program.
Our Designership Program is a unique internship that strives to provide students with an enriching educational experience while also allowing them to gain exposure to real-world strategic design projects. The Designership begins with an intensive two-week training program, followed by project-based work on a multi-disciplinary team.
In the role of Project Journalist, you will be telling the stories of the Designership. This role will provide you the opportunity to strengthen your storytelling skillsets as you closely follow the team through the various phases of the project. You will be a strong communicator and work across multiple mediums and approaches, with a particular passion for writing. You will be responsible for telling stories about the experience, success and project outcomes as the Designership team embarks on the 16 week program.
As Project Journalist you will have the following key qualifications:
- Ability to tell a compelling story in writing and through photography
- Demonstrated experience communicating across a variety of mediums including but not limited to: videography, photography, social media, blogging, podcasting, etc.
- A gifted and passionate storyteller adept at finding the hook
- Ability to edit and write error-free content
As a successful Designership candidate, you:
- Love to work collaboratively, by working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Have a skill or set of skills where you really excel – something that sets you apart from your peers
- Empathize with others, and are able to see the world from someone else’s point of view
- Are creative – in the sense of being imaginative and having original ideas
- Participate in an eclectic set of interests and extra-curricular activities that are indicative of your curiosity about the world
- Communicate effectively, whether the medium requires written, visual or verbal communications, or all three
- Embrace new experiences with resiliency and a sense of adventure
- Strive for excellence and constantly find ways to be relentlessly useful
We welcome applicants from all undergraduate and graduate programs, including recent graduates, but preference will be given to students with formal academic training or past experience with degree in journalism, communications or media studies or demonstrated experience in storytelling.
Participants will work full-time for a minimum of 16 weeks at our Toronto office, beginning on the 6th of May 2019. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. All positions are paid, commensurate with experience.
Apply by submitting the following as a single PDF document in the "Resume" attachment section below. The maximum file size is 10mb.
- 2-page resume
- 1-page cover letter
- 2 writing samples that demonstrate your ability to tell a compelling story; and 1 piece in another medium other than writing (e.g. Video or photo essay) -please provide a link in your application PDF
*Note - All applications must use the following naming convention:
We particularly favour applications that demonstrate they have been designed with the readers in mind. Be sure your cover letter explains why you think you are suitable for this role. You must include all items, as incomplete applications, or applications that exceed the stated limits will not be considered.
Applications close at 11:59 pm ET on Monday, January 21, 2019. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity with Bridgeable and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.
Bridgeable is an equal opportunities employer.