About the company
We’re a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up.
In our work with TELUS we took a service design approach to reimagining and re-designing the cell phone renewals experience for their customers, earning us international recognition as the winner, alongside TELUS, of the Best Commercial Project at the 2017 Service Design Network Conference (SDN) in Madrid.
Working with the New York City Transit Authority, we took a service design approach to the development of a multi-billion dollar strategic plan, Fast Forward: The Plan to Modernize New York City Transit. Bridgeable’s and NYCT’s work on this highly impactful stakeholder engagement project was recognized with a Design Value Award in the 2018 Design Management Institute competition.
Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
What are we looking for?
We are currently seeking Business Designer with applied experience in business analysis. In this role you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to uncover meaningful insights for our clients and translate these into innovation and service design possibilities.
The focus of the role will be working on client-facing projects across a multitude of industries.
You will support business analysis and modelling activities, building relationships with stakeholders, and designing and facilitating workshops. Working collaboratively with our team you will develop meaningful and functional solutions for our clients. You will bring a positive, fearless attitude to your work, with a drive to be relentlessly useful, and a thirst for professional and personal development.
Select key responsibilities include:
- Bridging business and end-user needs to come up with creative solutions, often in a highly regulated environment or ambiguous space
- Develop or apply frameworks, models, analogies or stories to make key insights or recommendations resonate for teammates, clients and wider stakeholders
- Support planning of implementation of project deliverables (e.g. change management, process maps, training curriculum etc.)
- Contribute to the drafting of high-level summaries of industry trends to assist in directional project planning
- Articulate the risks and rewards of decisions in working sessions that will shape project deliverables
- Explore business design trends and best practices and summarize the potential applications in client work
- Analyze qualitative/quantitative data from research and identify patterns to inform further study or project direction
- Inform the design of prototypes, including low fidelity, rapid iterations in co-creation sessions
- Participate in the translation of key themes and research insights from co-creations/validation sessions into opportunity areas
- Assist with planning coordination on projects (e.g. co-creation / validation session logistics, etc.)
- Effectively follow conversations that zoom between several levels, from detailed and tactical to general and strategic
- Communicate user insights and opportunity areas through effective story telling tailored appropriately to audience
Profile of the ideal candidate
- An MBA; or Commerce / Business Administration undergraduate degree and equivalent work experience
- At least two years of work experience in progressively responsible roles
- Experience working in a consulting environment, or similar client services role
- The ability to work independently and take ownership over discrete deliverables
- A passion for improving people’s lives through the application of a human-centred design approach
- A reliable team player that understands the advantages of collaboration
- Experienced working with deadlines and able to prioritize tasks strategically
- Excellent in written and spoken communication
- Experienced in developing compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Confident in presenting your work to clients, and connecting with experts across industries
- Workshop facilitation and / or public speaking
- Planning co-creation sessions and actively participating in workshops
- Prototyping and iterating and prototyping and iterating and prototyping and iterating
- Applying project management best practices to achieve successful outcomes
- Collaborating in teams of multi-disciplinary, hyper-creative individuals
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time energizing, engaging, and ultimately a fulfilling career experience. We pride ourselves in nurturing the strongest team in Service Design and we have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
The work we do and the way we work attracts the brightest and most creative humans in the industry. People here are driven to work on challenging assignments and deliver to a high-quality standard. We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you the space, resources and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning and an established coaching culture we invest heavily in learning and development and support you with professional growth opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care and dental needs covered, and we provide all of our employees with a flexible wellness spending account.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant centre for professionals in media, tech and design.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply to the Business Designer role with cover letter and resume via the careers page on our website.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.