Bridgeable is currently seeking applications for our 2019 Summer Designership Program.
Our Designership Program is a unique internship that strives to provide students with an enriching educational experience while also allowing them to gain exposure to real-world strategic design projects. The Designership begins with an intensive two-week training program, followed by project-based work on a multi-disciplinary team.
Every team member contributes to all stages of the project, but the Service Designer is also responsible for designing desirable touchpoints.
You’ll be tasked with defining the ideal user experience, while at the same time, prioritizing service concepts that can realistically be implemented. Your strong visual design instincts will come into play as you create service design artifacts, such as service prototypes and blueprints, that are visually appealing and help project stakeholders better understand the end-to-end customer experience.
As a Service Designer, you will have the following key qualifications:
- Proven experience with interpreting user research and translating insights into compelling storytelling artifacts, such as service blueprints, personas, and experience maps
- Strong systems thinker and creative problem solver, who is able to translate user needs into end-to-end service concepts
- Demonstrated ability to quickly generate low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Some comfort facilitating participatory workshops and co-creation sessions
- Experience producing story telling artifacts that are effective in communicating a user experience (e.g. journey map, storyboards) or detailing different 'touchpoints' on the user's journey through a service (e.g. service blueprint) in a simple and engaging way
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Some experience designing generative workshop activities
As a successful Designership candidate, you:
- Aspire to improve people’s lives through the application of human-centred design
- Love to work collaboratively to turn ideas into reality, working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Have a skill or set of skills where you really excel – something that sets you apart from your peers
- Empathize with others, and are able to see the world from someone else’s point of view
- Are creative – both in the sense of being imaginative and having original ideas, and in the sense of creating new objects, services, experiences
- Participate in an eclectic set of interests and extra-curricular activities that are indicative of your curiosity about the world
- Communicate effectively, whether the medium requires visual, verbal, or written communications, or all three
- Embrace new experiences with resiliency and a sense of adventure
- Strive for excellence and constantly find ways to be relentlessly useful
We welcome applicants from all undergraduate and graduate programs, including recent graduates, but preference will be given to students with formal academic training or past experience in areas relevant to Bridgeable’s capabilities: design research; business design/design strategy; and/or design disciplines (e.g. graphic, industrial, service, interaction, architecture).
Participants will work full-time for a minimum of 16 weeks at our Toronto office, beginning on the 6th of May 2019. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. All positions are paid, commensurate with experience.
Apply by submitting the following as a single PDF document in the "Resume" attachment section below. The maximum file size is 10mb.
- 2-page resume
- 1-page cover letter
- 50-word mission statement explaining why you are interested in applying human-centred design in your career
- Up to three portfolio pieces/work samples (must include context as to why you included them)
*Note - All applications must use the following naming convention:
We particularly favour applications that demonstrate they have been designed with the readers in mind. Be sure your cover letter explains why you are passionate about human-centred design and why you think you are suitable for this role. You must include all items, as incomplete applications, or applications that exceed the stated limits will not be considered.
Applications close at 11:59 pm ET on Monday, January 21, 2019. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity with Bridgeable and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.
Bridgeable is an equal opportunities employer.