About the company
Bridgeable is a service design consultancy that works with leaders, organizations, and people to create a more human world, one experience at a time. We believe that businesses are more successful when they focus on creating better, more human experiences for their customers. By putting people first, we build better experiences from the ground up. Together with our clients, we create awakening insight, meaningful strategies, and tangible tools that lead to enduring growth for businesses and people.
In our work with TELUS, we took a service design approach to reimagining and re-designing the cell phone renewals experience for their customers, earning us international recognition as the winner, alongside TELUS, of the Best Commercial Project at the 2017 Service Design Network Conference (SDN) in Madrid.
Bridgeable was recently awarded a 2019 Fast Company – Innovation by Design award for our work with the New York City Subway. And we’ve supported Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) in the creation of an open-sourced patient communication resource, Universal Patient Language (UPL) that was recognized as the Most Valuable Patient Initiative at the 2017 eyeforpharma competition.
What are we looking for?
Bridgeable is hiring an Experienced Design Consultant who is passionate and motived by working on client projects spanning various industries such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, financial services, transportation, and the public sector. We are looking for a strategic individual who can demonstrate leadership qualities on a multidisciplinary team. The experienced consultant will uncover insights, translate these into innovation and service design possibilities, and implement within client organizations. This is an individual contributor role without people management responsibilities.
Your area of expertise may be in a variety of disciplines, but your core competency is thinking strategically, solving problems creatively, and working collaboratively. You will contribute to the delivery of client projects that understand user needs, design compelling experiences, and support organizations to implement at scale. You will bring a positive, fearless attitude to your work, with a drive to be relentlessly useful, and a thirst for continuous learning.
The successful candidate will be matched to a Bridgeable job family and level that best fits your experience and education:
- Service Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Communication Designer
- Design Researcher
- Business Designer
Some key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team focused on creating more human-centred experiences across various service touchpoints
- Build a deep understanding of our client’s business model and internal dynamics to effectively apply service design tools and build creative solutions
- Lead and/or participate in collaborative work sessions both internally, and externally with clients
- Synthesize data from research and co-creation sessions to identify key insights and translate them into opportunity areas
- Co-design prototypes, including low fidelity, rapid iterations in co-creation sessions, and high-fidelity outputs using a variety of software tools
- Effectively use storytelling to communicate user insights, opportunity areas, and concept designs to different audiences
- Work within or lead a multi-disciplinary team to prepare design intent and specification documents that help extended members of the design and development teams, both Bridgeable and client, understand and build solutions as intended
- Mentor less experienced team members during the execution of client projects
- Support the implementation of new experiences within organizations
- Interact directly with end users, clients, and other stakeholders
- Explore trends and best practices and summarize the potential applications in client work
- Support senior managers' with business development efforts by informing the preparation of thoughtful proposals and project approaches in response to our clients' needs, as required
- Additional responsibilities as required
Profile of an ideal candidate
- An undergraduate degree or higher of any kind
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in qualitative research, design execution, and/or consulting
- The ability to work independently on and take ownership over small projects and/or key work streams within large projects
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to consistently prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Experience with human-centred design and design thinking
- Creative – both in the sense of being imaginative and having original ideas, and in the sense of creating new objects, services, experiences
- Able to empathize with others, and are able to see the world from someone else’s point of view
- A strong systems thinker and creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable, allowing you to be comfortable in environments with a high degree of ambiguity
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and efficient, with a strong ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Adept at learning new software and proficient with one or more of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and digital prototyping tools
- Telling compelling stories, whether through narrative prose, compelling visuals, or effective prototypes
- Refining the details of a solution until it meets a high standard for excellence
- To improve people’s lives through a human-centred approach
- To work collaboratively to turn ideas into reality, working with people of diverse backgrounds
- To embrace new experiences with resiliency and a sense of adventure
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment where creative boundaries are broad and natural curiosities are valued
- Introducing new and innovative approaches to your work
- The balance between working independently and in collaboration with creative teams
Why work here?
Great Work Culture:
We understand that you spend a lot of time at work and we invest a lot into making that time energizing, engaging, and ultimately a fulfilling career experience. We pride ourselves in nurturing the strongest team in service design and we have created a great space to enable you to comfortably focus your creative energy on your work.
The work we do and the way we work attracts the brightest and most creative humans in the industry. People here are driven to work on challenging assignments and deliver to a high-quality standard. We have built a great team that values initiative, integrity, empathy, adaptability, and transparency, and that thrives on working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions.
Our entrepreneurial environment gives you the freedom to drive your success in this position. We offer you the opportunity to work on groundbreaking initiatives with some of the most innovative organizations in the world. We are constantly investing in ways to improve the impact of design.
As a diverse and growing organization, we value your growth and offer you the space, resources, and autonomy to take your career to the next level. Along with providing an incredible amount of on-the-job learning and an established coaching culture we invest heavily in learning and development and support you with professional growth opportunities. We know that if you are learning, we are learning!
In addition to the opportunity to participate in impactful work with a passionate team, we also offer a competitive compensation package and share our success across the team. Our benefits package will have all your health, prescription drugs, eye care, and dental needs covered, and we provide all of our employees with a flexible wellness spending account.
We are located in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of downtown Toronto, a vibrant center for professionals in media, tech, and design.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, then we look forward to hearing from you! Apply to the Experienced Design Consultant position through our careers page on our website.
Please submit the following in your application in one PDF document:
- Cover letter
- A piece of work or summary of a past project you are proud of with a 300 - 500-word explanation. We are very openminded about what you choose!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.
Bridgeable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Bridgeable places a high value on diversity and inclusion! We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities without discrimination to members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, religion, origin, gender, sexual orientation or age. Bridgeable’s commitment extends to all employment decisions and terms and conditions of employment.
Should you require any accommodations in the recruitment process please do not hesitate to our team know.