Bridgeable is currently seeking applications for our 2019 Summer Designership Program.
Our Designership Program is a unique internship that strives to provide students with an enriching educational experience while also allowing them to gain exposure to real-world strategic design projects. The Designership begins with an intensive two-week training program, followed by project-based work on a multi-disciplinary team.
Even though everyone contributes to all stages of the project, the primary purpose of the Design Researcher is to understand the needs of our clients and their users and customers, so that we can design compelling, real-world solutions that generate shared value for our clients and their customers. In this role, you will conduct primary research (interviews, ethnography, etc.) and secondary research (horizon scans, literature reviews) on topics with an explicit goal of designing new solutions. You will also help translate data and insights into actionable ideas, ensuring the achieves project goals.
As a Design Researcher, you have the following key qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods, such as design probes, participatory workshops, and in-depth interviews
- Some experience planning research projects, such as formulating research questions, creating research protocols, identifying recruitment criteria
- Comfortable conducting interviews, facilitating workshops, and presenting research findings to project stakeholders
- Proven experience synthesizing multiple data sets to arrive at novel and actionable insights
- Experience in creating an open and safe environment for participants to communicate honestly
As a successful Designership candidate, you:
- Aspire to improve people’s lives through the application of human-centred design
- Love to work collaboratively to turn ideas into reality, working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Have a skill or set of skills where you really excel – something that sets you apart from your peers
- Empathize with others, and are able to see the world from someone else’s point of view
- Are creative – both in the sense of being imaginative and having original ideas, and in the sense of creating new objects, services, experiences
- Participate in an eclectic set of interests and extra-curricular activities that are indicative of your curiosity about the world
- Communicate effectively, whether the medium requires visual, verbal, or written communications, or all three
- Embrace new experiences with resiliency and a sense of adventure
- Strive for excellence and constantly find ways to be relentlessly useful
We welcome applicants from all undergraduate and graduate programs, including recent graduates, but preference will be given to students with formal academic training or past experience in areas relevant to Bridgeable’s capabilities: design research; business design/design strategy; and/or design disciplines (e.g. graphic, industrial, service, interaction, architecture).
Participants will work full-time for a minimum of 16 weeks at our Toronto office, beginning on the 6th of May 2019. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. All positions are paid, commensurate with experience.
Apply by submitting the following as a single PDF document in the "Resume" attachment section below. The maximum file size is 10mb.
- 2-page resume
- 1-page cover letter
- 50-word mission statement explaining why you are interested in applying human-centred design in your career
- Up to three portfolio pieces/work samples (must include context as to why you included them)
*Note - All applications must use the following naming convention:
We particularly favour applications that demonstrate they have been designed with the readers in mind. Be sure your cover letter explains why you are passionate about human-centred design and why you think you are suitable for this role. You must include all items, as incomplete applications, or applications that exceed the stated limits will not be considered.
Applications close at 11:59 pm ET on Monday, January 21, 2019. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity with Bridgeable and we will be in touch with those whose qualifications and excitement most closely match with our own.
Bridgeable is an equal opportunities employer.